Pop Ups With Floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pop Ups With Floor

Any suggestions on pop ups with floor. Dont think we will be elevating these so on the ground we are thinking with a floor to keep the snakes out hopefully. What are your suggestions and need room for 2 people.

Thanks

I think those are called tents.

I’ve never used or seen a pop up blind with a floor in it. I’ve also never had a snake in one. I brush the bottom sides in with dirt and debris to keep them out.

Comment

We put some artificial turf down in one of ours. Works good for keeping you out of the dirt and weeds. Probably won't keep a snake out but makes for easy inspection with a small flashlight in the mornings

Comment

Rubber horse mat from Tractor Supply works great as a floor.

Comment

Op, I have three. I can't remember the name but I'll get back with you when I go to my container. Very hard to find.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
            Rubber horse mat from Tractor Supply works great as a floor.
            But won’t keep snakes out

Comment

Never seen one myself wit a floor

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                But won’t keep snakes out

I sprinkled this around the base of mine and had no issues. And, that was on creek bottoms and pine plantations where there were plenty of snakes.
                Last edited by Bayouboy; 08-03-2022, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Ameristep Caretaker Ground Blind with Floor is at Academy

I had a different one with a floor years ago.....it was noisy! I ended up sacrificing a heavy blanket from the house to put on the floor to make it quieter. I got one after Rusted Hook hunted my blind and a huge Blue Indigo crawled in with him. Now, I love Indigos (the only snake I like), but they are not welcome to hunt with me! LOL

Comment

Ameristep caretaker. But if your over 6’ and shooting a bow out of it it’s way to small to draw back in .

Comment

I have an early Ameristep hub that has a zip out floor. Bought it in 2006. Killed a buck and a doe on public the first evening I used it. I've never used the floor. I prefer dirt, snakes and all. Lot quieter.

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

many blinds have flaps on the bottom. If you will lay those out parallel to ground then shovel some dirt over them and around the blind it will keep MOST all snakes and other varmints out. I take this from harbor freight and put on the inside so if it has rained my chair doesnt sink in mud or my bow doesnt sit in mud. Best part its 10 bucks
                        Amazing deals on this Anti-Fatigue Foam Mat Set 4Pc at Harbor Freight. Quality tools & low prices.

Comment

I built a 8 X 8 platform out of 2 X 4’s and 3/4” plywood, and then put my Barronet 350 pop up on it and used wood strips and screws to secure it. Worked great.

Comment

Same as above, built a plywood platform and used wood strips around the bottom. Worked great and lasted 3 years. Then replaced the popup, platform was still good.

Comment

Yep, that's it . What Mary said.

Comment

Working...
                              X