No more wheelchair and no more walker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No more wheelchair and no more walker

While laying in the hospital bed I was told to expect at least a year to recover. Praise God it’s taking much less time than that. On the operating table they were looking at scans and told me that I had 90% blockage in my heart from blood clots and numerous clots on the brain. No, I never got the jab or boosters if you’re wondering. A nurse thought for sure that’s what landed me there. Nope. They called in several doctors to try and figure it out. Still don’t know. Working the body too hard most likely contributed to it. No days off.

My eyesight continues to improve everyday as does the balance. Those are the two main things I was concerned about.

I want to encourage anyone out there that no matter what you’re facing, don’t lose hope. Don’t depend on others to give you the strength to move forward. You must find it inside. I fought to improve in that uncomfortable, too small of a hospital bed. I refused to let death take me no matter how bad things looked. And by the way, I felt gross and awful all the while being shuffled from one part of the hospital to another. Don’t ever give up no matter how things look or who says what to you. And don’t quit just because you don’t feel well. Don’t quit.

Great news.

Comment

that is wonderful. keep it up.

Comment

Awesome sir!

Comment

Keep the faith !

Comment

Praise God. Congrats to you sir.

Comment

Keep moving forward Sir, one step at a time!!

Comment

Great news!

Comment

Glad to hear this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MontagueMech View Post
                    While laying in the hospital bed I was told to expect at least a year to recover. Praise God it’s taking much less time than that. On the operating table they were looking at scans and told me that I had 90% blockage in my heart from blood clots and numerous clots on the brain. No, I never got the jab or boosters if you’re wondering. A nurse thought for sure that’s what landed me there. Nope. They called in several doctors to try and figure it out. Still don’t know. Working the body too hard most likely contributed to it. No days off.

My eyesight continues to improve everyday as does the balance. Those are the two main things I was concerned about.

I want to encourage anyone out there that no matter what you’re facing, don’t lose hope. Don’t depend on others to give you the strength to move forward. You must find it inside. I fought to improve in that uncomfortable, too small of a hospital bed. I refused to let death take me no matter how bad things looked. And by the way, I felt gross and awful all the while being shuffled from one part of the hospital to another. Don’t ever give up no matter how things look or who says what to you. And don’t quit just because you don’t feel well. Don’t quit.
                    Your words are truly spoken from being in the hospital. They doctors are there to heal you, but being bed riden, horrible low calorie food and beds made for short people dont do a person good for recovering. Physical therapy is a joke. Everytime I was unhooked from machines I bolted out the door to get some exercise. I had everyone I could bring me food. So glad to see you doing better. Keep up the exercise and your faith.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin View Post
                      Your words are truly spoken from being in the hospital. They doctors are there to heal you, but being bed riden, horrible low calorie food and beds made for short people dont do a person good for recovering. Physical therapy is a joke. Everytime I was unhooked from machines I bolted out the door to get some exercise. I had everyone I could bring me food. So glad to see you doing better. Keep up the exercise and your faith.
                      Thank you. Ya that liquified turkey combined with the vertigo are both forgettable. Haha. They kept commenting on the bed being too small for a large man and I agreed it was terrible. Nurse asked well what size are your feet. I told her and that got a loud reaction. Barely moved the elbows and accidentally mash the call buttons. LOL
                      One little nurse commented on my snoring. Mind you I was suffering with bad neurological hiccups that shake your body bad thus causing digestive issues and further weakened my already weak throat muscles that are used to swallow. I had so very little sleep from those hiccups alone. It was hard enough to eat anything prior to the hiccups starting up. I felt like telling the little nurse that if she somehow traded places she might have a clue just how hard it is to lay there and gasp for air while being jerked around by hiccups. Had difficulty trying to get out words between the hiccups. It drains a person’s strength completely. Oh and I too set off the alarm by getting up. Definitely wanted out of that bed. It was fun getting the hair yanked out of my chest when the nurses pulled the cardiac leads off. LOL
                      Last edited by MontagueMech; 08-01-2022, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Great news! God certainly does amazing things

Comment

Wonderful news for you! Keep it up.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Being in the hospital is not fun. I asked them to shave my chest and they said they dont have razors I can't complain about the nurse care I got in the Pickens hospital at Baylor. Only had one nurse want to stick those sticky padded things on my rear end and elbows. NOT. Its amazing how much better you can rehab yourself especially without out being disturbed by nurses and vampires wanting blood at 2:30 AM. You got the hard part beat now, all you need is time for everything to get stronger.
                            Last edited by gonehuntin; 08-01-2022, 06:09 PM.

Comment

You’re totally right. No more vital checks every one or two hours with a bright light pointed at your eyes. No more blood being drawn at all hours. Just being able to shower is so dang awesome.
                              Last edited by MontagueMech; 08-01-2022, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X