Hunter Ed required on Youth hunts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunter Ed required on Youth hunts?

Anymore know if Hunter ed is required or as long as a kid is supervised they can still hunt on WMAs. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

I don't think it matters where you are hunting, public land, WMA or leased land.
    Last edited by buckfan50; 07-13-2022, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Shouldn't be required by law

Comment

It's been the law since 1988. You can get a one time, one year deferral for $10 and be accompanied by a licensed hunter.

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
          It's been the law since 1988. You can get a one time, one year deferral for $10 and be accompanied by a licensed hunter.
          You can get a 1 yr deferral if over 17 and not a youth. If youth are hunting with a licensed hunter over 18 I believe with hunter's education they do not need it. Only if they are hunting alone.

Comment

As long as you have your hunter's ed certification (or are exempt due to being born before Sept. 2nd, 1971) and have all of the necessary licenses/permits, then you can "accompany" your child and they aren't required to have it.

I "accompanied" my son on a TPWD youth-only draw hunt a couple of years ago and because I had all of my necessary certifications/license/permits, the only thing my son was required to have was the special permit that was awarded after the drawing and a $7 youth hunting license.

Comment

Working...
            X