any Alpine, Texas mule deer reports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any Alpine, Texas mule deer reports?

im leaving out sunday morning to hunt elephant mountain wma was just checking to see if anyone knew how activity was right now in the area. everything i read and have been told, tells me the rut normally starts to kick off about now.

Yes but it's UNSEASONABLY hot !

Comment

One of the better years antler wise I can remember.

Rut kicked off few days back. Your timing should be perfect.

Comment

If you get some cool weather you'll be happier but the bucks are moving right now.

Comment

The rut should be starting. Some cold weather would help. Big mule deer don’t move much in the heat. So do lots of glassing for bedded bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntingw View Post
            im leaving out sunday morning to hunt elephant mountain wma was just checking to see if anyone knew how activity was right now in the area. everything i read and have been told, tells me the rut normally starts to kick off about now.
            Good luck ! I like that country, take some pictures to share with us mortals.

Comment

Good Luck!

Comment

I’m ready to get out there. I’ll try to remember to post some pics

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntingw View Post
                  I’m ready to get out there. I’ll try to remember to post some pics
                  That is amazing country, post those pics if you have some time, good luck.

Comment

Post some pics! I wish I would have saw this ahead of time. My uncle and I drove there for standby. I would have said hello!

Comment

Working...
                    X