Let’s Talk Quivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let’s Talk Quivers

Well, looking at quivers. I’m going to admit, I’ve been pretty cheap when it comes to quivers, and while whitetail hunting, I’ve never had any issues. From cheap quivers from academy to quiver that came on the bow, I’ve had absolutely no problems…then I started hunting out west. I’ve been having arrows fall out when catching brush. So…I’ve ordered a new bow, and I’m upgrading everything. Last thing on my list is a quiver. Looking at the 7 arrow Tight Spot. What are y’all using on multi-day backcountry hunts?

I recently got the shorter 5 arrow tightspot.. really the only reason I went with the short version is bc it has a hanging loop on it so i can take it off and hang it on something when I’m in a stand. The ability to adjust the tightness to hold arrows secure is awesome. I just did a 4 day south texas hunt at LRGV NWR where I hauled my bow around for 25 miles through the brush over 4 days and never had an arrow come out or move in the slightest.

Only downside is that i’m shooting Iron Will wide heads and getting a bunch of those big fixed blade heads in the quiver takes a bit of maneuvering but it is possible. I just carried 4 arrows around in the 5 arrow quiver which made it a little easier to fit them in. The back arrow in the quiver also makes it a little difficult to access the drop down rest nob to put the rest up so I left that back arrow out and filled the first 4 spots. But even with that i really like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I sure like my tight spot .

Comment

Tight spot on all my bows.

Comment

Tightspot seems to be the preferred quiver

Comment

I live and hunt in colorado, and I know the time spot quivers have a large following. But I have seen more issues with them then any other brand. From the epoxy joints coming loose, rattle ( most often seen issue) the quiver gets bumped and brakes the sight housing screw off ( I've seen it a few times) and other smaller problems. I prefer mathews quivers, or tree limb premium. That mount to the riser vs the sight housing. I personally will not own another quivers that mounts to the screws holding the sight on. Just my .2 cents.

Comment

I have had tight spots for 10 years and they have been great. I hardly ever take the quiver off the bow including in my case. They are great. If I did not already have the tight spot quivers, I would look closely at the Mathews to see if it is better.

Comment

I’m a 7-arrow tight spot fan. I haven’t used it on a multi-day backcountry hunt, but I got it specifically for this purpose, plus carrying enough arrows to shoot hogs.

@StraightWayOutdoors
                Straight Way Outdoors, Fulcrum Archery, Elite Archery, Upwind Odor Elimination, Wicked Twisted Bowstrings, Sevr Broadheads, Pine Ridge Archery, Bloodline Fibers

Comment

I really like my TreeLimb quiver. It’s a punk to take off, but when it’s on you ain’t gonna just knock it off. Also, super quiet and I love that I have it mounted to my riser out of the way.

Comment

I got a trophy ridge with the green lights built in. I love it. Putting away broadheads in the dark is no issue. Or if I need a quick light it has one mounted on top it’s great.

Comment

I've used Tight Spots and now have a Mathews Arrow Web HD.
                      Both work fine for me on capacity and arrow retention-- I prefer the attachment on the Mathews.

Comment

Originally posted by spread5150 View Post
                        I got a trophy ridge with the green lights built in. I love it. Putting away broadheads in the dark is no issue. Or if I need a quick light it has one mounted on top it’s great.

x2

Comment

I got my wife an G5 quiver and really like it. We shoot 5mm arrows and it holds them well. Have a Mathews quiver and hate it. Chasing arrows that fall out and too noisy putting on and taking off bow.

Comment

I've always used Mathews quivers with zero issues. The 7 arrow I'm using now is atleast 6-7 years old and I've yet to even replace the foam in it. Arrow hold good and not rattling. I've got a couple buddies that love their Tights Spots though (no pun intended).
                            Guess this info is only good if you're getting a Mathews though!

Comment

Traditional side placement… tight spot. Only exception would be the new Mathews quiver for their new bows. Personally for spot and stalk I love my quivalizer.

Comment

Working...
                              X