Please give me your thoughts electric buggy vs gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm tired of walking the half mile to my stand. My hunting partner in KS has an E-Bike so I considered that until I saw the prices and I'm not crazy about riding two wheels in the dark on a questionable ranch road. So, I'm considering a lifted golf cart instead, not that they're cheaper, and I'm not getting any younger. I want an electric cart for the quietness but there's battery charging and replacement etc. Thoughts on your experiences are appreciated.

I have an electric cart and when the wind is right I can drive right up on deer feeding in my feeder pen. Quiet and no gasoline smell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I used a bad boy buggy for a few years at my Rock Springs lease. 72v has the ***** and range. Highly recommend but pricey.

Comment

I have a gas ez go built in 1989. I rebulit the engine a few years ago for less than $ 400.
        No way a battery operated cart can compete long term

Comment

The Polaris ev will be my next utv.

Comment

I was thinking about this myself. In for answers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ive been on a Bad Boy. It would climb anything and you could drive right up on critters. If you have electric at camp to leave it plugged in when gone its a no brainer. More toque no noise.

Comment

If you are only using it a few times a year, electric. Fuel spoils while sitting. Plus you still have to charge a fuel powered cart. Electric would be the way to go.

Comment

The Bad Boy I had took a couple acres to turn around. My EZ Go Beast is much better. I’ve never had occasion toneed more than the 48 volts and I’ve used it on some pretty steep hills.

Comment

We used a bad boy for awhile. It has great advantages…. Several negative issues 1. Cost to replace batteries 2. You need a minimum 45 acres,…. That is to turn it around. 3. When you do run out of juice (and you will) a jug of electricity is hard to pour without getting it everywhere

Comment

Golf cart is stealthy. But rides like ****. That’s my input haha

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                        Golf cart is stealthy. But rides like ****. That’s my input haha

Bad boy buggy has independent suspension if you wanna pay for it…

Comment

If all you are doing is going back and forth to the stand you can’t beat electric IMO. I like my Bad Boy but as others have said it has the turning radius of a 18 wheeler. If you have good roads and it’s not too hilly I would consider a lifted two wheel drive cart

Comment

For to and from the stand and sneaking around at night shooting pigs with thermals I love my golf cart.

I don’t use it for ranch work at all other than occasionally filling my feeder in my back yard at home.

It lasts about 20miles but when it’s dead it’s dead. I’ve got about $5000 in mine after new batteries, wheels tires and several accessories. It’s a 20 year old EZGO I got used last year and have been steadily tinkering with. When they’re off back order I’ll upgrade the front end to independent suspension for a better ride.
                            It turns on a dime and I cross several wet areas and small creek crossing with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

After sneaking up on a herd of Elk in Colorado on a EV Bad Boy buggy, my next UTV will be Electric. I tried a golf cart and it couldn’t climb the hills in Blanco and had an overall crappy ride.

Polaris EV appears to be the most capable of any EV UTV available now.

Comment

Working...
                              X