"Old" Equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Old" Equipment

As I admire my 7 year old bow, I can't help but wonder who is shooting something that isn't quite "up to date". Everytime I think about buying a new bow, I struggle to find fault with the one I'm shooting. It still spits arrows out fast and quiet enough to kill, so it keeps me happy. Don't get me wrong, I'd love something new, just like anyone else, but I sure am happy with my 2001 Hoyt Havoc.

Anyone else shooting a dinosaur?

Mathews MQ 32 bought in 1999 or 2000, can't remember.

Comment

If you call a Mathews LX a dino, then im with ya. it shoots too well to give up just yet . Although a good Synergy in hand....... hmmmm

Comment

'92 PSE Fire-Flight Express. I beat'cha!

Comment

'02 BT Patriot.

No reason to get another......

steve

Comment

I have a 2003 Hoyt Magnatec, and I love the thing. It too is fast and quiet, and I have complete confidence in it. However, my dad surprised me on my birthday this year, and he bought me a 2007 Bear Element. I still need to break that thing in on some piggies before the start of the season. I have a hard time replacing anything that is working well for me.

Comment

I bought myself a 2002 LX when I graduated from SWT with my graduate degree. I paid $639 for it. I would like to have a new bow, but, given that some of my buds are paying like $900 for new ones, I think I'll stick with what I got!

Comment

I guess my Switchback XT is considered old now

I have shot newer bows but don't see enough out of them to change.
                Jeff Young

Comment

I still shoot my "vintage" Q2's. I think they are '00 models.

Comment

1998 Mathews Feathermax. I left it in the heat a few years ago and the limbs delaminated, which was going to be my excuse to upgrade, but the shop got me knew limbs for free so I'm still using it. (combination of being cheap and stubborn, I guess) Pretty much everything I shoot at ends up in the freezer so why not?

Comment

compound - '03 Hoyt Razortec..........recurve - 1967 Red Wing 56" 55# @ 28" (and shoots just like it was brand new) oh, and my dad made it, can't get much better than that!!

Comment

Not exactly a dinosaur, but I shoot a 3 year old switchback and see no reason to change. I will probably shoot it till it breaks.

It hits where it looks and I have confidence in it...

Faster? I already have problems finding my arrows after pass throughs...

Quieter? C/mon...they can't be THAT much quieter...

Lighter? Heck, I'm 6'5 and 230...if it gets to where I can't handle a 5# bow I need to just stay home and watch the hunting channel...

Comment

When I gave up my MQ32, I felt exactly the same way. A friend of mine owed me some money or I would probably still be shooting it.

I am a firm believer in "if it ain't broke don't fix it"

Comment

Shootin' a Mathews Legacy and just recently purchased a Drenalin...both are swweeeet!

Comment

Up until the December, I was shooting a early 90's Jennings Carbon Extreme. The Bear Instinct was a much needed upgrade! I shot a hog last winter with the Jennings on a cold arse day and I was under-dressed for the weather. It was a real struggle to get it drawn. I still have that JCE though...kinda hate to get rid of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X