Scary medical bill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scary medical bill

At just one hospital I owe nearly $500,000 and that’s not including the other separate bills.

Yikes! My employers didn’t provide insurance but I was trying to figure something out. Didn’t want Obamacare.

I’ve been communicating regularly with bill collectors informing them of my current status. Don’t know yet when I’ll be recovered enough to go back to work. If I could I’d go back to work right away but the body just hasn’t healed enough.

Not to make light of your situation but you could always say that you are here illegally and it should be a wash. But on a serious note I’m sure that you will figure it out. If you can’t pay I’ve always heard that your credit can’t be ruined over medical bills but I’m really not sure. I hope a solution presents itself to you. Good luck.

Comment

Now days you get to pick whether to go broke buying health insurance or paying for health care. Sorry to hear of your troubles. It doesn't take long to run up a $500,000 tab at a hospital.

Comment

Just call them and tell them "put it on my tab."

Now days it's cheaper to die than it is to get help and fixed up. That's just stupid. How the hell do they expect someone to pay that? Your average person can't. Not unless they want to make payments until they die.
        Last edited by okrattler; 08-12-2022, 02:22 PM.

Comment

I don’t support paying these bills, not with the way the med system is coupled with their Plandemic scam. Go buy a new car and change the ole phone number.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
            Not to make light of your situation but you could always say that you are here illegally and it should be a wash. But on a serious note I’m sure that you will figure it out. If you can’t pay I’ve always heard that your credit can’t be ruined over medical bills but I’m really not sure. I hope a solution presents itself to you. Good luck.
            I had similar words and thoughts later on about why I was denied several times for charity rehab/Physical Therapy at a separate facility. It made me wonder if I was an illegal with children would I then be approved. I tried not to dwell on it.

Comment

Just tell them you will pay what you can - $20/ per month. You're on record as communicating with them - most people get sent to collections because they ignore the bills and dont attempt to communicate. If you dont have the money, you dont have the money.

Comment

OP, sorry to hear about your situation. I agree with Voodoo. And Gumbo Man. I have a friend that racked up some pretty large medical bills. He went to the hospital and laid out his finances and worked out a more reasonable plan. The total was much less in the end.

Best wishes to your situation.

Comment

Originally posted by MontagueMech View Post
                  At just one hospital I owe nearly $500,000 and that’s not including the other separate bills.

Yikes! My employers didn’t provide insurance but I was trying to figure something out. Didn’t want Obamacare.

I’ve been communicating regularly with bill collectors informing them of my current status. Don’t know yet when I’ll be recovered enough to go back to work. If I could I’d go back to work right away but the body just hasn’t healed enough.
                  Pay what you can when you can. As far as those proposing to lie, cheat and steal...the hypocrisy is staggering.

Comment

I feel your financial pain , I had a work related injury and was self employed luckily my wife’s insurance covered $400,000 in hospital and rehabilitation ,
                    Now I have a pre existing condition and our insurance is $14,000 per year

Comment

I don't feel sorry for the medical profession on many levels. Does anyone know of a business that refuses to give a cost analysis or estimate before or at the time instead waiting a couple of months afterward?

f the medical profession.

Comment

On a serious note, tell them you want an itemized bill. You should see what you owe drop drastically. Also ask for any financial aid and payment plans they have.

If you have cash, tell them you will pay 50k or 30 or whatever you are able to if that will clear your debt…but get it in writing, get it in writing, get it in writing…..and get it in writing that they will settle for the agreed amount. Do not let them access your bank account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by IDFWU View Post
                          On a serious note, tell them you want an itemized bill. You should see what you owe drop drastically. Also ask for any financial aid and payment plans they have.

If you have cash, tell them you will pay 50k or 30 or whatever you are able to if that will clear your debt…but get it in writing, get it in writing, get it in writing…..and get it in writing that they will settle for the agreed amount. Do not let them access your bank account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I did not know Dave Ramsey is a TBH member!

Comment

Apparently (from what I saw on the internet) you can have it sent to collections and since you know... HIPAA, the collections agency cant legally see what the debt is for so they just know its a debt, then once you ask for proof and they cant come up with it they have to throw it out... remember I saw it on the internet lol but worth a **** try on that much.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                              I did not know Dave Ramsey is a TBH member!
                              Dave Ramsey would only bow hunt to make money. Don’t think he would tell his listeners to shoot a deer either! That’s wasted time just eat rice and beans, beans and rice and work 90 hours a week. That does sound just like Ramsey though.

Comment

Working...
                              X