PSA for Parent with kids on Turf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With summer in full swing I keep forgetting to post this.

We played lacrosse all summer a few times the turf was so hot that the kids got water blisters on their feet.

I found these after tons of research. We added them to my sons shoes and he never had any more issues.

These are heat shields for your shoes They go under your insert and do not add enough to make you need larger shoe sizes.

Originally posted by powderburner View Post
    With summer in full swing I keep forgetting to post this.

We played lacrosse all summer a few times the turf was so hot that the kids got water blisters on their feet.

I found these after tons of research. We added them to my sons shoes and he never had any more issues.

These are heat shields for your shoes They go under your insert and do not add enough to make you need larger shoe sizes.

Hmmm. I coached and had 2 teams playing on turf 4 weekends in the summer across turf fields in Texas. Temp was 103.

Never heard of this issue

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
      Hmmm. I coached and had 2 teams playing on turf 4 weekends in the summer across turf fields in Texas. Temp was 103.

Well playing baseball and playing Lacrosse are 2 different fields.

We were in the same boat. We played a LAX tournament in Dallas in mid June and the heat gun showed 165 pointing it at the turf around 2 pm. There was not one kid faking a hit and laying on the ground.
      We had kids get blisters as well. My son had insoles on so he did not get them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just chalk it up to something else you didn’t know…

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
          Just chalk it up to something else you didn’t know…
          Lmao

Comment

I’ve never seen it.

Comment

Maybe you just coach extra tough kids? I've seen it plenty of times. Thanks for the heads up OP and I'll be ordering a set of these for my son that is a catcher and for my dad who paves a lot of roads and constantly has melted boot soles and blisters!

Comment

I don't have a use for this at the moment but man that is a cool little deal right there. Thank you for sharing with everyone.

Comment

Working...
                X