Native Bass vs Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
    So that's a real thing. I always wondered if his fish were that great or just super well fed.
    They need to be well fed. We gave our lake 3 yrs to let the bait fish thrive and get established before we stocked with bass

Comment

O.H. IVIE Florida’s and are beautiful fish .

Comment

Had native in my pond along with a ton of bluegill - I added the Floridas from Camelot around 6-7 months ago. Look forward to seeing how fast they grow - I feed a lot too -

Comment

TPWD is pretty much only stocking Florida's now days to try to get a new state/world record. In the past they would have certain lakes they felt had the potential for a new record with Florida's and they would stock natives in lakes that had a depleted bass population (such as lakes that had huge fish kills or had almost dried up). I do not ever hear or read of them stocking the natives anymore. I think they should still take the lakes that do not produce many large fish, like Lake Livingston, and aggressively stock natives in order to create lakes that are more fun to fish even if you are not going to catch huge bass. The natives are more aggressive more times of the year in regards to hitting lures. The Florida's are very temperamental to cold fronts and some other weather changes to the point they sometimes shut down and will not bite at all.

I also think that TPWD should spend their resources in regards to stocking based on where the most licenses are sold. The lakes around the higher population areas should be stocked more than more rural areas.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
            So that's a real thing. I always wondered if his fish were that great or just super well fed.

Mikes fish at Camelot bell and wolf pack are fed really well. He is building a 3rd lake currently.

I am not much of a bass fisherman but I would go back and fish that place any day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X