6.7 Cummins guys- Oil and Filters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 12ring View Post
    Are their 2 fuel filters AND a water separator filter or just one ff and a wsf ? (2020)
    2018 and mine has a water/fuel under the chassis, and then a fuel filter near the block.

Comment

Like others have said. Do it yourself. It isn’t rocket surgery.

Regardless of the cost, I don’t think I could sleep at night knowing I had paid someone to change the oil and fuel filter in my truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like you got the we have bigger, more costly repairs to do price. 500 dollar quote was to get you to move on. Hope you didn’t spit your coffee out on a nice shirt.

Comment

I have used Geno's Garage for lots of filters and belts, etc. Always had a good experience.

Dodge Cummins Diesel and Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Parts, Accessories, and Technical Information to help maintain and operate your truck. Call us at 770-886-2500

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
            Regardless of the cost, I don’t think I could sleep at night knowing I had paid someone to change the oil and fuel filter in my truck.

Agreed. Why spend that much money on a truck to let some dude making minimum wage change the oil?

Comment

Started using this last year when I couldn't find Rotella. "Mobil Delvac Extreme Heavy Duty Full Synthetic Diesel Engine Oil 15W-40, 1 gal - Walmart.com" https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mobil-Del...-gal/319665447

"FRAM Ultra Synthetic Oil Filter, XG7317, 20K mile Replacement Engine Oil Filter - Walmart.com" https://www.walmart.com/ip/FRAM-Ultr...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

I buy Mopar fuel filters from Amazon

Comment

How can they justify the cost? Ford 6.7 is less than $150. Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                  How can they justify the cost? Ford 6.7 is less than $150. Just curious.

Because they top off the blinker fluid and check the cruise control filter. They also adjust the rectilinear discombobulator. If you don’t keep those within spec your warranty will be voided.

Comment

Why are you going to a dealer? Check with other lubes places if your not going to do it yourself.

Comment

Docs diesel…. Google them….

Very reasonable …. I’m happy with them

Comment

Not going to cost anything in the near future if you can't get it done. If you haven't noticed there is very little 15/40 diesel oil on the shelves anywhere and there are no plants making it until after 2023 sometime. I stashed enough away for a years worth of oil changes for myself. Not sure what is going to happen or if someone has come up with a game plan yet. The world of commerce runs on diesel.

Comment

Our stores is getting more in stock just bought 7 gallons for the motorhome.

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
                            Why are you going to a dealer? Check with other lubes places if your not going to do it yourself.
                            Walmart is cheap for just oil change but no fuel filters. I will not use them regardless. All the other lube places I called are around 400.00. I will be DIY going forward

Comment

I've changed the fuel filters out several times myself but I found a local quick lube that does it for $150, which is basically what it cost me for the filters. Btw Amazon had the best price for Mopar filters last time I looked.

Comment

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
                                Walmart is cheap for just oil change but no fuel filters. I will not use them regardless. All the other lube places I called are around 400.00. I will be DIY going forward
                                Yes walmart for oil, so I can take my used oil back to them, order filters on line through napa.

Comment

Working...
                                X