Restroom moisture buildup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restroom moisture buildup

A friend of mine was on a trip for 3 weeks and came back home to visible moisture buildup and mold forming on upper area of the bathroom. Nothing busted and nothing wet on backside of the drywall. Seems like a venting issue because it’s a small room where the toilet is but I’ve never seen something like this. Curious what could be done to keep this from happening again after they get rid of the mold issue. Trying to post a short video they sent me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They make pakets you can put into high humidity areas. It’s pretty cool to see the water that’s removed from the air collect in the package.

Comment

We use a small dehumidifier along with the vent fan and a tower fan in the shower to keep ours dry. The fan drys the shower quicker. A better vent fan to the outside will help when we remodel.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
          We use a small dehumidifier along with the vent fan and a tower fan in the shower to keep ours dry. The fan drys the shower quicker. A better vent fan to the outside will help when we remodel.
          This x2.

Comment

Does he run the blower when taking a shower or bath? This could be a contributing factor if the blower is ran when taking a shower etc.

Comment

Install a vent if he doesn’t have one
              Leave that door open when not in use
              Put a box of damprid behind the toilet
              Add a dehumidifier if there’s room

Any or all of these could solve that issue.

Comment

My take is that the owner was gone for 3 weeks and came back home to this problem. With seeing water on the door head and running down the door is that the ac was off for 3 weeks. Owner came home and cranked it on and the door to the toilet room was cracked a little bit. Best guess.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post

All solutions ^^^^^

I'd confirm there is sufficient central HVAC supply and that doors aren't left closed when room is not in use. It's the most humid space in any house and then the kitchen. Supply will force the humid air out and into house circulation.

A 12"x12" RA in the master bedroom ceiling right outside the master bathroom is standard in everyone of our houses and added to every remodel project. It changes everything related to the health and comfort in the master spaces.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post

Sent this to them. Gonna give it a whirl. It does have a fan. Probably never use it or inadequate is my guess. Thanks fellas

Comment

Working...
                    X