Worst BBQ in Texas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oktx View Post
    If it’s all fat I’ll eat it. Baked beans, coleslaw and sauce!

I draw the line at "all fat"....but I like some smoked baked beans even though BBQ Jesus says they are taboo. And yes BoB I love pintos more. I just like some variety....authentic Texas or not...

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdCoastHunter View Post
      Rudy’s is awesome - escargo sniffin goobers.

I’d call it plenty good too.

[emoji1787] at “escargo sniffin goobers”

Wouldn’t mind watching a few of y’all try to work a pit day in and day out to produce consistent results!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        I draw the line at "all fat"....but I like some smoked baked beans even though BBQ Jesus says they are taboo. And yes BoB I love pintos more. I just like some variety....authentic Texas or not...
        I like baked beans too with bbq chicken as in grilled with sauce.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 03-17-2022, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Agdog View Post
          I’d call it plenty good too.

[emoji1787] at “escargo sniffin goobers”

Wouldn’t mind watching a few of y’all try to work a pit day in and day out to produce consistent results!

Not the point but I get what you’re saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Rudy's is the most central Texas style of the chains. The moist brisket is pretty dang good. The turkey and chicken are good for eating healthy. The ribs aren't very good.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

yeah i dont get the rudys hate, its always been solid when ive had it.

i have never had a bad meal at soulmans either, my kids love the ribs and i eat a half a smoked chicken about once a week, its very good.

dickeys is the worst ive had, and i wont go there, but i am not near as picky as some of you boys, even if its bad i power through for the protein

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                Not the point but I get what you’re saying.

He's probably right about those few, but those few aren't charging good money for it to customers who are expecting good bbq for the price. If it's my business, I make it a point to be good at it. I owe it to my customers!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                  yeah i dont get the rudys hate, its always been solid when ive had it.

i have never had a bad meal at soulmans either, my kids love the ribs and i eat a half a smoked chicken about once a week, its very good.

dickeys is the worst ive had, and i wont go there, but i am not near as picky as some of you boys, even if its bad i power through for the protein
                  I love their smoked turkey and their breakfast tacos are good. Chorizo or brisket either one.
                  Most of the time the brisket ok. I've had some that was pretty bad tho. Their ribs and chicken suck.
                  Now to your point before about sauce. I like their sauce but not on bbq. I like it on grilled pork chops.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by basschump View Post
                    Original salt lick in driftwood is gross. Really gross.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    There's something wrong with your taste buds.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                      The one in El Campo is horrible! About 20-30 years ago they were voted top 10 in the Country for BBQ, don’t know what to say about that!
                      Because 30 years ago they cooked on pits and not in those gas furnaces they cook in now. AND Maurice Mikeska cooked briskets, not shoulder clods like they do now. When they decided to close down the old pit in town it was all down hill from there.

Their sausage is still one of my favorites but I'm sure they'll screw that up eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunt7 View Post
                        Years ago there was a Mikeskas somewhere on hwy 59 around El Campo. Don't remember exactly where, everyone ramped and raved about it. Stopped in and enjoyed what seemed like a dry roast with pinto beans.
                        Left and never went back ......

Heinz on 59 near Wharton was ok before it shutdown....
                        Unfortunately that place on 59 is still there.

Comment

I wouldn’t say Killens is bad I just wouldn’t stand in a 30 minute line to buy it.
                          I'd stand in line for 30 minutes to buy Killen's BBQ before I'd stand in line for 3 hours to have some of Franklin's. Both are excellent Q by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
                            Joel’s in Flatonia is awesome man! So what would be the best you’ve had? I always get a sliced Texas size and a home made cookie from there. They also always have Shiner Blonde.
                            The cookies and beer are good . Man I don’t know what my favorite would be, I’ve eaten bbq in so many places that it’s hard to say. Stiles Switch in Austin was always good to me but it’s been years since I’ve been there. Smoke Shack here in San Antonio wasn’t bad either but I’ve only been there a few times.
                            Originally posted by rtjh View Post
                            It's been a few years since I've had it but Joel's was good everytime I ate there.
                            Idk man I guess I got the crap meat being a local.

Comment

I can’t say I’ve ever had bad BBQ anywhere in Texas, ertainly not bad enough to throw it away.

I like Rudy’s although sometimes their brisket haunts me for a few hours after eating.

I like, at least the chicken, at Dickeys and their sides are good.

Some of the ones mentioned here I’ve never had.

Some of the prices are outrageous though. I at at Slow Bone in Dallas recently; had a sliced beef sammich, 1 side and a drink for $22. I was good but not $22 good.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                                I'd stand in line for 30 minutes to buy Killen's BBQ before I'd stand in line for 3 hours to have some of Franklin's. Both are excellent Q by the way.

Not me sir
                                I ate a killens in Pearland one day and I didn’t make it to the truck before I broke out in a sweat and stomach bubbling I got home and shiz so bad it went thru a screen door and didn’t even touch the wire [emoji1787] no more for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X