Petition Opposing Making DMU21 firearm.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rtjh View Post
    I had no idea so many hunters were eager to limit the hunting opportunities/methods of other hunters, it's pretty disappointing.
    Wait until they realize that what they want to do to others can also be done to them.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
      Add hunting only during archery season. You really shouldn't want to be hunting during the gun season even if there isn't one.
      There is no gun season in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
        Wait until they realize that what they want to do to others can also be done to them.
        I guess kids wanting to hunt in those counties will be told to learn bowhunting or GTFO.

Comment

I guess kids wanting to hunt in those counties will be told to learn bowhunting or GTFO.

Hyperbole much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
            Hyperbole much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            Hardly

Comment

Hardly
              My bad

Comment

Need to start worrying about us old people as much as these dang kids. Lol

Comment

Yeah because using a crossbow requires so much practice and skill no kids will be able to hunt

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJznT_S7qmI"][SHORT VERSION] 5-YEAR-OLD Brody Takes First Deer With Ravin R10 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Sorry. The argument that kids are being left out because of guns is so overused and ridiculous. I hunt in 2 of these counties and 3 others. I also hunt in OK, NM and CO. So does my wife, two daughters and friends and family that range anywhere from 7 to 81. Everyone of these folks use either a vertical bow or crossbow. ALL hunt and are successful. Even the 7 yr old shot his first pig last month. Now, I'm not against gun hunting. But I do only trust a handful of folks with rifles around me and mine. Why? I've almost been shot twice in my life. Once while bowhunting in a tree 200 yards of the property line. The bullet passed by me so close I felt the wobble through the air and then heard the shot. The second time I was a quarter mile from the road sitting on my tractor when a guy on the other side of the road plowing a field shot a coyote. The bullet struck the window of my truck. Yes, both instances someone broke the law by sending bullets across property lines and yes, I had some very heated conversations with the guys that fired those two bullets. My point is accidents can and do happen. My wife and daughters killed deer and pigs with crossbows. I just don't understand how it can be so hard for folks to admit that we can't guarantee where every bullet we shoot while hunting will end up.

Comment

I hope Crossbow gets banned except for physically challenged and hunters with shoulder injuries and senior citizens. It's Totally NOT Archery....

Comment

Originally posted by Ruttin&Struttin View Post
                        Sorry. The argument that kids are being left out because of guns is so overused and ridiculous. I hunt in 2 of these counties and 3 others. I also hunt in OK, NM and CO. So does my wife, two daughters and friends and family that range anywhere from 7 to 81. Everyone of these folks use either a vertical bow or crossbow. ALL hunt and are successful. Even the 7 yr old shot his first pig last month. Now, I'm not against gun hunting. But I do only trust a handful of folks with rifles around me and mine. Why? I've almost been shot twice in my life. Once while bowhunting in a tree 200 yards of the property line. The bullet passed by me so close I felt the wobble through the air and then heard the shot. The second time I was a quarter mile from the road sitting on my tractor when a guy on the other side of the road plowing a field shot a coyote. The bullet struck the window of my truck. Yes, both instances someone broke the law by sending bullets across property lines and yes, I had some very heated conversations with the guys that fired those two bullets. My point is accidents can and do happen. My wife and daughters killed deer and pigs with crossbows. I just don't understand how it can be so hard for folks to admit that we can't guarantee where every bullet we shoot while hunting will end up.
                        Sounds like a liberal point of view, limiting what others can do because it makes you uncomfortable.

Comment

Sounds like a liberal point of view, limiting what others can do because it makes you uncomfortable.
                          I can see why not allowing rifle hunting in those areas, it's pretty common sense, but I'm all for allowing deer hunting with a bow in those areas (Bow NOT Crossbow) They already allow shotgun for hogs in some of the zones but not all, so let's allow bow for Deer also.

Also, Yes, there are A LOT of deer there, but with the high population the Deer population won't last long due to the number of hunters rushing to hunt. The deer will either move up and out or the sheer number of hunters will clean them out in a few years.

Comment

Arrow or bolt it its archery. The advancements in the crossbows has gotten a bit ridiculous just like the inline muzzleloaders. Not sure at what point you draw the line, I have heard a once a certain crossbow FPS barrier is broken some states are not going to deem those legal. I know there are all kind of different muzzleloader rules for different states, I believe the whole northwest does not allow inlines during their muzzleloader season.

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
                              I can see why not allowing rifle hunting in those areas, it's pretty common sense, but I'm all for allowing deer hunting with a bow in those areas (Bow NOT Crossbow) They already allow shotgun for hogs in some of the zones but not all, so let's allow bow for Deer also.

Also, Yes, there are A LOT of deer there, but with the high population the Deer population won't last long due to the number of hunters rushing to hunt. The deer will either move up and out or the sheer number of hunters will clean them out in a few years.
                              Like I said before the commission is not going to take anything away, no reason to argue for it this year, its not part of this rule proposal.

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
                                Arrow or bolt it its archery. The advancements in the crossbows has gotten a bit ridiculous just like the inline muzzleloaders. Not sure at what point you draw the line, I have heard a once a certain crossbow FPS barrier is broken some states are not going to deem those legal. I know there are all kind of different muzzleloader rules for different states, I believe the whole northwest does not allow inlines during their muzzleloader season.
                                I'm just pizzed, because I scouted a 14 point Buck for 3 years and I had promised myself to kill it with my bow. I saw it twice while I had my rifle, once it was 300 yards and the other time about 270 yards. I probably could have taken it, but I decided not to.... I saw it 5 more times when working and clearing brush, all within 100 yards....

Then last year a guy who lives close by there, sends me a pic of that buck he shot at 80 yards with his crossbow....

I was always against Crossbows, but ever since then, I'm more adamant about speaking against it.

Comment

Working...
                                X