Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tactacam Reveal X Issues - Can Anyone help??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change batteries. Turn the cameras off and back on. There's a video that shows how to reset these cameras. Might try that as well.

Comment

does anybody have a contact at Tactacam that can help?

Comment

I had one with a panel that I didn’t touch for 7 mos then quit sending pics- showed full battery on app. When I checked panel battery was dead. As the sun shifted more to the south in the fall I lost a lot of sun time hitting the panel. I moved it over about 20 feet and now works great again.

Comment

Originally posted by DZM View Post
          I had one with a panel that I didn’t touch for 7 mos then quit sending pics- showed full battery on app. When I checked panel battery was dead. As the sun shifted more to the south in the fall I lost a lot of sun time hitting the panel. I moved it over about 20 feet and now works great again.
          I replaced all new AA batteries and installed a new solar panel (with built in battery pack - that I charged and voltage tested) prior to leaving it in the field. It sent pics great for a few days and then nothing. I could be... but I really don't think its the batteries.

Comment

(218) 282-5650 tech support. My wait time was 56 min.
            No pics sent for 2 weeks ,signal was 1 bar flashing red. Brought it home called support .
            She said pull sim card and wipe both sides with a cloth,I used my tshirt. Reinstall sim and had full signal. Maybe not your fix but worth a try.

Comment

Try this Facebook page. There are a couple of Tactacam Service Reps who frequent the page and help folks with problems. Look for or tag Dustin Doornik.

Tactacam Reveal Freaks

A group for Reveal users.. A place to discuss issues Share pics Absolutely NO BASHING of anyone!!

Comment

well well well

Comment

Originally posted by HIDE-N-SEEK View Post
                  I replaced all new AA batteries and installed a new solar panel (with built in battery pack - that I charged and voltage tested
                  )
                  Sent you a text, but I’m pretty sure using that combination is your problem. My father did the exact same thing, dead camera within a month. Only thing I can figure is the camera defaults to installed batteries and won’t use the auxiliary port when batteries are installed.

Pull the AA’s, make sure the panel’s charged and give it a shot.

Comment

What size sd cars are you using

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Similar experience. Two of my cameras are in the mountains of Northern New Mexico. Both cameras went down. I worked with customer service and they tried to ping the cameras. No response. Dang, must be dead batteries. Nope. When I went out to our property I noticed the house wifi was down. So I contacted Verizon. They said no one else had reported the issue and they'd work on it. I checked my cameras and both were good on batteries. About two days after calling Verizon they had the tower working and so were my cameras.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruttin&Struttin View Post
                        Similar experience. Two of my cameras are in the mountains of Northern New Mexico. Both cameras went down. I worked with customer service and they tried to ping the cameras. No response. Dang, must be dead batteries. Nope. When I went out to our property I noticed the house wifi was down. So I contacted Verizon. They said no one else had reported the issue and they'd work on it. I checked my cameras and both were good on batteries. About two days after calling Verizon they had the tower working and so were my cameras.
                        I thought of that as well but he sent me a screen shot of the statuses from the app. The cameras quit working 3 days apart.

Still possible it’s a service provider issue but it looks like he’s having the same problem I posted above. Non rechargeable batteries conflicting with a self contained solar panel. I could be wrong but that would definitely explain the difference from when they stopped communicating.

Comment

All, I have bought the energizer lithium packs on Amazon and have had multiple batches where the batteries were bad…. Just wanted to share an another potential issue…

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                            Try this Facebook page. There are a couple of Tactacam Service Reps who frequent the page and help folks with problems. Look for or tag Dustin Doornik.

Tactacam Reveal Freaks

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1478297442354990
                            I appreciate the info, that should be real handy. The company isn't responding to me either on my recent issue.

Comment

Working...
                            X