Fossil Pointe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fossil Pointe

Anyone shoot here? I was thinking of going in the morning and would like some opinions about it.

Nice place, if you qualify you can shoot out to 800 but I think the long range is only open at certain times, the other range goes out to 200

Comment

Thanks.
      I’ll be shooting at 200. I need to really dial in my new CDS Leupolds before sending off for a new turret. I may shoot a few rounds down range at longer distances before leaving just to play a bit.

Comment

Great range !!! No benches at the 800 steel range, do bring a bench or shooting mat for prone.
        Great benches 100 -200yards

Comment

I shoot there fairly often. It’s a great range for both the normal 100 and 200 yard setup, plus the long range side.

Comment

Is the young knucklehead still running the rifle range?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Never shot rifle there only shotgun. If the rifle side is anything like the shotgun side I’m sure it is great.

Comment

I shoot a few clay benefits a year there. Great setup.

Comment

I liked it there. The only room for improvement I could see is having the targets a foot or two off the ground. It’d make it easier to shoot with sandbags sitting at a bench.

Comment

Originally posted by Pope View Post
                    I liked it there. The only room for improvement I could see is having the targets a foot or two off the ground. It’d make it easier to shoot with sandbags sitting at a bench.
                    definitely

Comment

What time were you out there yesterday? I am the one with the little man in tow shooting my Dasher.

I wish FP went out a little further but truing up velocity only requires 800 yards anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzsaw View Post
                        Great range !!! No benches at the 800 steel range, do bring a bench or shooting mat for prone.
                        Great benches 100 -200yards
                        There is a nice concrete bench out there now.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
                          What time were you out there yesterday? I am the one with the little man in tow shooting my Dasher.

I wish FP went out a little further but truing up velocity only requires 800 yards anyway.
                          I was there from 11-1. I never noticed anyone with their child.

Comment

Originally posted by Pope View Post
                            I was there from 11-1. I never noticed anyone with their child.
                            Gotcha. I showed up about 2:00. Just missed each other

Comment

Working...
                            X