Family and Adoption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family and Adoption

In 2018 my wife and I adopted three boys, two of them are brothers. Alex & Christian. Alex, (oldest brother) had been with us via foster care previously. During this time we developed a great relationship with his bio-mom. Alex went back to her quicker than normal, she was doing fantastic at turning her life around. We were heavily involved in their lives after he went home providing care and support while she continued working towards her goals.

Bio-mom did get pregnant and Christian was born in Nov. 2017. My wife was in the room when he was born which is such a cool part of our family's story.

Unfortunately, bio-mom had some legal issues from her past which she had to take care of and in Feb. 2018 both boys were placed with us via Foster Care and ultimately we adopted them in Nov. 2018.

We've maintained a great relationship with their bio-mom since the kids were placed with us and I was even able to visit her while on a business trip (she was out of state). This past Friday we were finally able to see her and take her out to dinner.

I took my camera just in case the opportunity to snap a few photos presented itself. We ended up in a large green area on the edge of the parking lot after dinner letting the kids run around and for her to get to play with the boys a bit.

I'm continually amazed by this woman. She has had a tough life, some of it self-inflicted but I'm confident she's turned the corner and will continue to make positive decisions and do big things.

I'm not a fan of taking portraits but this was a really special moment and I'm so thankful I brought my camera to these photos. These will be used for a photobook for bio-mom.

Family Through Adoption by Chris Jeans, on Flickr

Very cool great pics

Comment

Great job

Comment

Made my night!

Comment

May the Lord bless you & keep you!!

What a blessing & thank you for sharing!!

Comment

Awesome!!!

Comment

Awesome, thank you and your wife for fostering and adopting, God Bless.

Comment

God bless you!

Comment

Outstanding!

I can't imagine what it takes to do what you and your wife have done.
                  The Lord has truly blessed all of you!

Comment

It is awesome you all can have such a great relationship. What a great story!!!

Comment

Wow. What a great story.

Comment

God bless!

A wise man’s heart inclines to the right, but the heart of a fool to the left.
                        Ecclesiastes 10:2

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Great to hear a story like this.

Comment

A BIG Thumbs up to Y'all! great stuff here! God Bless All of y'all!

Comment

Thanks for sharing. I love seeing the positive adoption/foster stories on here.

Comment

Working...
                              X