Brisket Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
    Smoke at 275 till you get the bark you want, wrap in butcher paper and put in oven at 275 till probe tender. Season with salt and pepper.
    Wait, What?? Are you saying that BTUs are BTUs? You can smoke on the pit and finish in the oven, is it that simple?? Get ready to get your Brisket Cooking Card revoked. LOL. I like it and I do that in the winter, saves on pellets.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
      My apologies. When you quoted his post about his bark being mushy in foil, I assumed you were implying yours had been wrapped in foil and came out just the opposite.

No worries..... I’ve played with no wrap, wrapped in pink butcher paper and foil. Going no wrap is definitely the easier route but pink paper is a nice compromise. Foil just really makes the bark too moist for my liking. It’s similar to ribs which is a similar polarizing discussion. Some people like the fall off the bone and others the meat to be more firm. It’s really hard to beat the non-wrapped bark imo and if you run fat cap down it will get even more firm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Where are all the stick burners that gave me hell a year are so ago when I got a pellet grill. Yes, I have a stick burner too!!! Pellet grills are so much easier.

Comment

Man, this ole boy is looking fantastic. I’ve been mopping every hour. Going to rest over night in the oven and chop/slice tomorrow

Comment

Mop is country side bbq sauce, beef broth, apple cider vinegar and red pepper flakes

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter View Post
              Mine came out great today. To easy on the RECTEC
              Glad that brisket was good, I’m a big fan of Bombay Sapphire too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                Wait, What?? Are you saying that BTUs are BTUs? You can smoke on the pit and finish in the oven, is it that simple?? Get ready to get your Brisket Cooking Card revoked. LOL. I like it and I do that in the winter, saves on pellets.
                Saves us on pecan wood, plus it frees up a half day for swimming.

Comment

Good info here

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                    Where are all the stick burners that gave me hell a year are so ago when I got a pellet grill. Yes, I have a stick burner too!!! Pellet grills are so much easier.

You rang?.....

I'm here..... I'm stickin' with my stick burner...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6799.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	24621479

Name:	IMG_6800.jpg
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	24621480

Name:	Tender test.jpg
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	24621481
                    Last edited by Smart; 06-26-2020, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      You rang?.....

I'm here..... I'm stickin' with my stick burner...

[ATTACH]1008641[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1008642[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1008643[/ATTACH]
                      ditto

Comment

Looks great Jason. Not comparing. I have both but the pellet grill gets the nod at my age. You will be there before you know it!

Comment

Looks great Jason. Not comparing. I have both but the pellet grill gets the nod at my age. You will be there before you know it!

I’m not comparing either here. . You just rang the bat signal asking where we were [emoji41]

Comment

They get the nod at my age as well

Comment

Working...
                            X