Price of Whitetail Doe Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price of Whitetail Doe Hunt

Wife was asking .. What you want for Father's Day ...

I was wondering what the " Going Price " is for a Whitetail Doe Hunt in the Hill Country .... I've seen some way overpriced $ 500 + Total and consider that .. Well ...... ( Void) for a simple Day Lease ..

Forgot to Mention ... Rifle Hunt.
    Last edited by Patriot-2000; 05-28-2020, 08:28 AM.

What would a doe/hog hunt be worth if there was nice lodging and accommodations at the ranch? We had a guy bail on us, and we've tossed the idea of hog/doe hunts to recover the cost instead of adding a new member.

Comment

If you are ever in Houston - Tomball area, Shoot me a PM. I would just invite you to shoot one but I need to at least have a beer first to see if I can stand ya for the weekend!

Comment

$300/doe is reasonable. You can likely find cheaper on day hunts without lodging/meals.

Comment

On my place they are $400, 2 day hunt, semi guided with lodging. If you shoot a buck first(1,200) you get a free doe.

Comment

if your not stuck on the hill country, stretch to West Texas or south of San Antone and can sometimes find deals for 200, 250 does. These come up quite a bit in season just have to watch for them, call around and ask.

Comment

Let us know the deals you come up with. I hear of these "deals" every year but never actually hear what actually goes down.. I just assume the places with great deals have hidden fees or something since no one ever gets back with me.

IMO one can't look at it as buying a doe. I mean you can IF you're killing one in a crowded HF where you show up, pull the trigger, pay and drive off to find a place to clean your game.

A decent place to stay runs $150+ per night so why would one expect to go on a doe hunt for $200 and kill a doe that also includes 2 nights lodging?

It needs to be looked at as a 2-3 day get away. A hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                On my place they are $400, 2 day hunt, semi guided with lodging. If you shoot a buck first(1,200) you get a free doe.
                Where's this place at?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Patriot-2000 View Post
                  Wife was asking .. What you want for Father's Day ...

I was wondering what the " Going Price " is for a Whitetail Doe Hunt in the Hill Country .... I've seen some way overpriced $ 500 + Total and consider that .. Well ...... ( Void) for a simple Day Lease ..

Forgot to Mention ... Rifle Hunt.
                  I am always willing to trade a hunt. I have a small piece of land near Ft Hood. No large bucks this year, but plenty of does. I have one individual who is bringing his daughter out early for a doe. He is gonna get me in some flooded timber in Arkansas next year. Money is nice, but nothing beats being able to trade good times with others.

Comment

Hunting Trades would be great but my Mini- Ranch @ 32 Acres in Rocksprings isn't a guarantee and wouldn't be equal/fair... Lots on trail cam .. Just not there when I am ... Lol
                    Had 1 offer but Too far of a drive
                    I'll keep you posted

Comment

Go to public land and shoot one for free.

Comment

Originally posted by UrbanBuck View Post
                        Go to public land and shoot one for free.
                        If it were only that simple.

Comment

I don't mess with doe or javalina hunts on my ranch. It's not worth my time and trouble for what people want to pay. I'm pretty sure most ranchers feel the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                            I don't mess with doe or javalina hunts on my ranch. It's not worth my time and trouble for what people want to pay. I'm pretty sure most ranchers feel the same way.
                            This^^^^^^

Comment

Reach out to Brandon in Hondo. He was super reasonable and is a local sheriff deputy that helps with ranch management around the area. He was charging around $200 per last year.
                              Brandon’s number is 830) 741-0529

Comment

Working...
                              X