Good eats South Louisiana?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good eats South Louisiana?

Anyone know of a can’t miss restaurant in south La. south of N.O. On 23? We have our favorites in New Orleans but will be forced to skip stopping there due to COVID travel restrictions at my work. I know there isn’t much between New Orleans and Venice but there is bound to be a secret gem some of y’all know about.

Thanks Jason

Mr. Bills Seafood in Lake Charles. Jason (the owner) avid hunter, fisherman and just a down to earth good guy. We went to college together. You won’t be disappointed.

Comment

All of the places we tried to goto in lake Charles were only allowed 25% capacity due to covid. Long wait times and grumpy service. Ended up in a canes drive thru with half the population of New Orleans waiting in line ahead of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Stop in Sulphur at Holliers, Darrels for a to go po boy in lake charles.

Best stop for a boudin burger in Scott, or Don's for more options.

Browns chicken in Addis will change your life.

I don't venture any further east than Baton Rouge.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I can't help but I find it funny how people only read the title, Lake Charles is a little out of the way for something between New Orleans and Venice.

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
            I can't help but I find it funny how people only read the title, Lake Charles is a little out of the way for something between New Orleans and Venice.
            Guess I should have checked a map... Either way if anyone finds themselves out of the way in Lake Charles there are some good places to eat there.

Comment

It's highly likely he will be passing through Lake Charles and Lafayette to get to where he's going.

Comment

Call first. Several places we tried in La this past weekend we're not open or takeout only.

Comment

I’ve always been a big fan of Salvo’s in Belle Chasse

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                    It's highly likely he will be passing through Lake Charles and Lafayette to get to where he's going.
                    Maybe, I was just pointing out what the original question was and how some people just read parts of posts. I do the same at times.

Comment

If you find yourself around Thibodeax, stop at Bourgeios Meat Market. Lots of great stuff in there.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. We Have never been south of N.O. Before and would be looking for something to eat about the time we quit being miserable from Best Stop in Scott!

Comment

Salvo’s is legit

Comment

I assumed he was driving I 10 from TX.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X