Minnesota fishing recommendations??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minnesota fishing recommendations??

We had a trip planned for Ontario but it looks like the border will not be open for our trip on July 11th. We have a group of 7 and looking for walleye and smallmouth bass. Anyone have any recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TX CHICKEN; 06-10-2020, 10:36 AM.

You could still do the boundary waters without crossing the border.

Comment

I'd cancel... No way I'd spend my money in Minnesota. I'd go somewhere else... Likely you won't be safe up there... They're doin' away with police, don't ya know... Antifa and BLM is running that state now...

Comment

We’re in Ontario are you going? I go up every year and seems like there reopening the border 6/21?

Comment

Well now I see until end of July!!! We rescheduled from May to August hope they open by then.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            I'd cancel... No way I'd spend my money in Minnesota. I'd go somewhere else... Likely you won't be safe up there... They're doin' away with police, don't ya know... Antifa and BLM is running that state now...
            What BS! The Twin Cities Metro Area and the rest of MN are 2 different worlds - just the same as the metro areas and the rural areas of Texas.

Check out resorts around Mille Lacs lake. The walleye bite has been good but you cant keep any fish at this point. Good bass fishing also. Crane Lake, Red Lake and Lake of the Woods also. I dont fish walleye much but those are the big producers that I know of. If you need anything else don't be afraid to PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by oneeye View Post
              What BS! The Twin Cities Metro Area and the rest of MN are 2 different worlds - just the same as the metro areas and the rural areas of Texas.

Check out resorts around Mille Lacs lake. The walleye bite has been good but you cant keep any fish at this point. Good bass fishing also. Crane Lake, Red Lake and Lake of the Woods also. I dont fish walleye much but those are the big producers that I know of. If you need anything else don't be afraid to PM me.
              x's 10/just got back from mille lacs,smallmouth bit is on!

Comment

Keep heading north and hit either Kabtogema or Rainy Lake....LOTS of eyes and smallies....

I am a little biased as that is where i grew up but the fishing is incredible....

Comment

Leech and Winnie are options also.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    You have no idea what your talking about. Lived there for 16 years and oneeye is right two different worlds.

Boundary waters is just like being in Canada, Giant smallmouths and tons of walleye, do some google search's and youtube videos.

Comment

Lake of the woods or upper red for walleye. The boundary waters has walleye, trout, crappies, smallies, northerns, sunnys, and probably more. However, you need a permit to enter and they sell out quickly sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
                        You have no idea what your talking about. Lived there for 16 years and oneeye is right two different worlds.

Boundary waters is just like being in Canada, Giant smallmouths and tons of walleye, do some google search's and youtube videos.

Amen! Lived in that area for 25 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Dru View Post
                          You could still do the boundary waters without crossing the border.
                          Yes sir!!!! Drove up to Ely, Minnesota 7 times over the years and spent 44 days sleeping in tents and paddling an average of 40 miles every trip. The boundary waters are OFF THE CHARTS for those walleye and BIG TIME BULL DOGS (smallmouth). I absolutely love that area and would not hesitate one second to head to the great north!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                            Yes sir!!!! Drove up to Ely, Minnesota 7 times over the years and spent 44 days sleeping in tents and paddling an average of 40 miles every trip. The boundary waters are OFF THE CHARTS for those walleye and BIG TIME BULL DOGS (smallmouth). I absolutely love that area and would not hesitate one second to head to the great north!!!
                            That's too funny Landrover! I've lived my entire life 2.5 hours from Ely and have never been there. But, I've been to Texas many times chasing hogs!

Comment

Go to the Alexandria area and fish the chain of lakes , also hit lake Reno while you are up there . Entire area is great fishing and a nice area to stay in .

Comment

Working...
                              X