My BEST Ever New Yesrs Day Duck Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My BEST Ever New Yesrs Day Duck Hunt

Up early this morning and headed north to Gonzales County for a New Year's Day Duck Hunt. Set up on a small pond in some timber with only 6 decoys out and a couple of Mojos. Action was slow, so around 9:30 we eased over to the big pond in hope of catching the Widgeons there. No luck.
    I should note that this is the same ranch I have been hunting for cull whitetails. There is a ton of exotics on this place, but nothing in my price range. Having visited with the owner this past Monday the conversation was about some Fallow Bucks he wanted shot due to only having one antler.
    After we left the big pond we were going to drive the ranch and check out some other ponds. We made a turn past one pond that was empty and there he was. I stopped the truck, grabbed the 6.5 Creedmore, exited the truck and stalked to within 30 yards of him. He stood up, quartered away, I settled the crosshair and the Creedmore BARKED. He mule kicked, trotted about 14 yards and fell.
    We eased over to my First Ever Chocolate Fallow Buck. Bad thing is he only has one antler. No worries though, there is LOT of meat on this one.
    How did I start 2020? I went duck hunting and killed a Fallow Deer. Oh yea, also got one Gadwall. This is going to be a GREAT YEAR

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ate some of mine last night, you will enjoy it !!

Comment

Yes! My chocolate fallow was delicious

Comment

Lmaooooo.....I going on Saturday fir ducks.....I prefer a fallow also.....lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

That's a great start brother! You should have that one horn head mounted with the gadwall sitting on the antler, just for the fun of it.

Comment

That’s cool. Read before looking at the pics and was expecting to hear you took him with steel shot. Lol.

Comment

Sounds like a fun day and a great way to start the year.

Comment

Nice job

Comment

Working...
                X