Multifocal Contact lens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multifocal Contact lens

Anybody wearing them? Does it help you to see at all distances? Shooting a bow, does it help to see pins and target clearly?

Heading for eye exam and new glasses soon. Thinking about looking into these contacts. Need some green screen advice. Like or don't like, advantages or disadvantages.

Nope. I tried them. Also tried the verifier. None of it worked for me. My best option was to get my eye doctor to give me contacts that allow me to see close up and far away. But I also had to face that I won't ever be able to see as well as I did when I was younger.

Comment

I wear them and have had great success with them. It takes a day or two to "adjust" to them but after that they have been great!

Comment

I wear them. You just have to realize that you can only see "pretty good" close and "pretty good" far, not "perfect" at either, but yes, they allow you to see both near and far. Thats why I wear them. I told eye doc I dont want to take my "near" vision away totally in order to see "perfect" at distance. If I did that, I'd have to put on cheaters every time I wanted to see close. And yes, it takes a little getting used to.

Comment

I also play a lot of golf. Will it be advantageous on the course, also?

Comment

I tried them, didn't care for them. I went the mono-vision route. One eye for close up, one for far away. Really works better than you would think. Messes with your close up depth perception a little but otherwise great. Can see far away and read without cheaters. Took no time what-so-ever to get accustomed to it.

Trailboss

Comment

Ive been wearing for about a year now. Other than reading distance, I was 20/20 still (47years old). After a lot of experimenting, I have +.5low in my dominant eye, +.5med in my other. Can now read and still see distance. Wearing the same in both eyes I lost a lot of distance. Brand also affected that for me. For me, acuvue were worst for distance, biofinity were super uncomfortable, bausch lomb were the best for vision actually but annoyed my eyes after about 6-8hours, so i ended up with Dailes Total 1 which were easiest to put in and most comfortable and 2nd for vision. Also found I far prefer the dailies to monthlies.

Comment

Working...
              X