No announcement yet.

Would you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life long friends that offered? Why not. If they didn't mean it they wouldn't have offered. Just be sure to leave the place better than when you arrived. Offer to pay, I am sure they will refuse payment so get them a very nice gift.

Comment

Alot can change in five years. They might not feel the same way today.

I would call your friend and ask if their offer for you and your wife staying there is still cool. If he says no move it didn't hurt to ask.

If he says absolutely, tell him the dates and say thanks. .

They call your bro in law and tell him to pound sand find your own place you cheapskate.

Comment

I'd say no. Especially if the wife is against it. On these situations I defer to my wife bc she simply has better sense on these sort of things AND if she's uncomfortable with staying there to begin with likely won't be the best experience.

Comment

no. Would be my luck something would go bad wrong while there.

Comment

Absolutely no!! It would be a no for the very reason most others have said. The fact that you take an invitation from them for you and your wife to stay and then you immediately try to find a way to include extended family, nieces, nephews, etc. in just to go on the cheap makes it a question of character at that point.

I never take anyone up on something that is "Free" that I am not ready, willing and able to pay my own hard earned cash for. I would never try to get a free vacation for my extended family, it's just a bad look.
            Last edited by Twipper333; 03-07-2019, 04:38 PM. Reason: mis-spelling

Comment

We have a place in the hill country. Has acreage and a creek. Nothing to do there but fish, BBQ and relax. We encourage our family and friends to use it. No payment is expected or wanted.

Usually they want to pay something so we ask that they leave beer or sodas in the fridge. They'll leave bottles of wine or bags of charcoal. One friend left 2 briskets and a bunch of elk meat in the freezer. Another upgraded the TV. I would ask your friends if they have an issue with the relatives. If not, ask what you can help with. A couple of nice bottles of wine is always nice to come home to.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
                Alot can change in five years.
                I completely missed this part, I'd say no.

Comment

Originally posted by rklazajr View Post
                  We have a place in the hill country. Has acreage and a creek. Nothing to do there but fish, BBQ and relax. We encourage our family and friends to use it. No payment is expected or wanted.

Usually they want to pay something so we ask that they leave beer or sodas in the fridge. They'll leave bottles of wine or bags of charcoal. One friend left 2 briskets and a bunch of elk meat in the freezer. Another upgraded the TV. I would ask your friends if they have an issue with the relatives. If not, ask what you can help with. A couple of nice bottles of wine is always nice to come home to.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

This is the right way to do it. It's my experience the people who roll like this usually have something to offer to others as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
                    very very rude

Eating others food rude?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by yotethumper View Post
                      I completely missed this part, I'd say no.

I didn’t see that either. Not after 5 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Cousin Eddy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X