Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon has vents.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Hoggslayer; 09-05-2019, 02:44 AM.

Comment

Check out Amazon, the price is about $20-30.
      Last edited by Mike235; 09-05-2019, 03:30 AM. Reason: mistake

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
        Use a valve stem. Drill a hole in handle fish a wire through it to pull valve stem up through. Take core out and just use the cap to back off for vent and tighten back up when not in use.
        I like that idea

Comment

Originally posted by BigDraw View Post
          I got some of the new ones at bucees, the can doesn’t have the vent flap, instead there is a small tube (maybe 3/16”) , inside of the the pour tube. What am I to do with it? It’s about 28” long, I can’t get the can to vent while trying to dump to gas in my vehicle. I have positioned this tube in various locations, but none help it vent! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! I hate these cans. I’m about to drill a hole and make my own vent in the handle. Let me know if any of you have the same issue and or a resolution. Thanks Bert
          Yep. I did the exact same thing. I finally just pulled that hose out, drilled a small hole in the handle, and just put a wood screw in it. Works perfect now.

Comment

I have two of the older ones and two of the newer ones.

They are great and I've never had an issue with any of them.

Comment

My miller trailblazer has one of the VP can hoses in the tank. Buddy came over to help me one weekend and he grabed the can to put gas in and the hose had gotten hard he stuck it over in there and pryed it at an angle and off in there it went.

He can tear up an anvil with a wiffle ball bat though.

Comment

I have had my VP Racing jug for 15 years without any issues.

However, I am impressed with the "Eagle UI-50-FS Red Galvanized Steel Type I Gasoline Safety Can with Funnel" that was posted above. I may pick me up one of those as well.

Comment

They are selling those same cans with the nozzles available at Watson Racing off of College street in Beaumont. I bought a couple last week to refuel the pontoon while it is in the water and they worked great. Not sure if you go to Rayburn much, but they also sell them at Ol' Millers store off of hwy 96 just north of Jasper.

Comment

I put a PVC ball valve on them with a better rubber hose and they are great. The newer ones need that vent that I posted above to make them work right.

Comment

Bought 6 of these, made by VP according to the specs.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dc1986 View Post

I just pick the same one up my my local feed store . Same thing he told me . Made by the same people who make the vp cans . Bout 12 bucks cheaper

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                          Eagle UI-50-FS Red Galvanized Steel Type I Gasoline Safety Can with Funnel, 5 gallon Capacity, 13.5" Height, 12.5" Diameter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00004Y75M..._wKxBDbCE3AGKA
                          Thank you, TrailDust. I've been looking for that.

Those VP Racing and Jegs jugs are utility jugs and not for "highway fuel use". It even says that on the containers.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                            Mine did the same thing....it was 6 months old...
                            Took it back into bucees and they had switched to a different brand and wouldn't take it back...told me to get with manufacturer.....

I threw it in the trash...
                            One of my 7 or 8 was split. It was a diesel can I bought off Amazon. The others that I have bought from Buchees have held up. I have 2 of the new styles. Not a fan of the handle, but I was in bind with the VP leaking in the parking lot.

Comment

Originally posted by dc1986 View Post
                              That's a great price, but i read on google, one for that price said not for gas.

If the will work for gas i will buy about 5 of them, does anyone know about these??

Comment

Originally posted by day0082 View Post
                                That's a great price, but i read on google, one for that price said not for gas.

If the will work for gas i will buy about 5 of them, does anyone know about these??
                                The VP ones also say not for gas.

Comment

Working...
                                X