Rib injury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rib injury

I fished Lake Fork Saturday evening. It was a good trip until we hit a stump right under the surface. It launched my buddy from the center of the boat hitting me and knocking me down landing on a rod holder mounted on the side of the boat. I have never had a rib injury before, boy does this hurt! The pain has been worse when trying to sleep and getting up in the morning. Doc said no broken ribs just bruised badly. Anything you can do to speed up the healing? I'm planning on going back to work tomorrow.

soak it in cider

Comment

Don't laugh it will hurt. Been there done that!
      Healing will take time. Maybe heat or cold may relive some pain?

Comment

Originally posted by bullhead44 View Post
        soak it in cider
        I did last night. Woke up feeling worse!

Comment

Sorry to hear, bud.

Had a pretty gnarly rib injury after a fall down some wet steps last year (butt bone still hurts). I'd post the pics but all I got was some of my backside.

Dr said ice, on and off, the first couple days. After 48 hours, heat. Not sure if it was a placebo affect but I felt that Epsom salt soaking helped. 2 cups in your warm bathwater. It cant hurt...

Comment

I got horned by a cow last thanksgiving while working cows, it wasn't broke but sure felt like it was. Still have some pain every now and then but getting better.

Comment

Don't cough or sneeze.

Time is the only healer I have found for ribs.

Comment

I did that crossing a fence when the wire I was standing on broke. Fell with all my weight on the Tpost. I was sure I had broken a rib but the doc said it was just a deep bruise. I asked him what I could do to reduce the pain and he looked me right in the eye and said "it would be best if you didn't breathe for the next 72 hours or so" Gotta love a smartarse doctor!

Comment

Go to the drug store and get a rib brace. It’s like a girdle for your ribs and helps lessen the pain.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                    Go to the drug store and get a rib brace. It’s like a girdle for your ribs and helps lessen the pain.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    YES. Compress the ribcage to keep it from expanding/contracting while breathing, sitting, moving, anything really. I broke 4 ribs one time and it was the absolute worst thing I've ever been thru. I wore a wrap for almost two weeks until I could bare the discomfort.

Other than that, time is the only thing that heals ribs injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by COPPERHEAD View Post
                      I did last night. Woke up feeling worse!
                      I've got nothing then. Rib injuries suck. Can't do much moving around, and can't sleep comfortably.

Comment

Nothing you can do but wrap around ribs to limit movement. You really dont want to laugh cough or sneeze. It will eventually heal.

Comment

Eat hydrocodone and wish it was over with it lol.
                          I used to be in MMA heavily, and smoker rounds in the gym, consisted of you fighting anyone that was ready, regardless of size. The big bastage came down on me full force with 1 knee driving into my ribcage. He ripped all the cartilage between my lower ribs, somehow without breaking a single one.
                          One of the toughest recoveries I've ever been through. 2 months of laying around, trying not to fart, laugh, cough, or breath.
                          I wish you a speedy recovery.

Comment

Cracked three ribs and my doctor told me they don't encourage wrapping. He said it can lead to shallow breathing. Full strength Tylenol was all I took because the pain pills he gave me knocked me out. Coughing and sneezing hurt the worse.

Comment

I had a bad rib injury. Many broken. Only relief was when a friend brought me a joint. I ended up calling him back and getting a hook up on a quarter oz.

Best 25 bucks i have spent on medicine. It hurt to breath, eat, sleep, sit, stand, lay down.

Comment

Working...
                              X