X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So who's suing who and on what grounds?

Oh look a fajita!!

Comment

So sad, this may guarantee that the grizzlies will be in hibernation before this gets thru the courts!!!

Member Alert
      Yellowstone Grizzly Hunts Postponed For Two More Weeks
      The federal district court in Montana today extended for an additional two weeks the temporary restraining order that banned grizzly bear hunting in the Yellowstone area.

Idaho and Wyoming had authorized well-regulated hunts, set to begin Sept. 1. The judge issued the TRO to give him time to resolve the case on the merits of the challenges to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service’s delisting of the grizzly bear population.

All the parties, including the plaintiffs; FWS; states of Wyoming, Idaho and Montana; and non-governmental groups including SCI and NRA, have fully briefed the case. After a hearing on Aug. 30, the court issued the first two-week TRO.

SCI and the NRA are intervenor-defendants in the case, defending the FWS’s June 2017 decision to delist the Yellowstone area grizzlies. SCI/NRA remain active in the case and will continue to support the delisting and regulated grizzly hunts.
      Safari Club International - First For Hunters is the leader in protecting the freedom to hunt and in promoting wildlife conservation worldwide. SCI's approximately 200 Chapters represent all 50 of the United States as well as 106 other countries. SCI's proactive leadership in a host of cooperative wildlife conservation, outdoor education and humanitarian programs, with the SCI Foundation and other conservation groups, research institutions and government agencies, empowers sportsmen to be contributing community members and participants in sound wildlife management and conservation. Visit the home page www.SafariClub.org, or call (520) 620-1220 for more information.
      International Headquarters • Washington, DC
      Latest News Join Today 1 Year Membership: $65 3 Year Membership: $150 Life Member: $1500 Join About Us Membership & Chapter Services Publications Advocacy bear hunting big game hunting big game hunting trips book a hunt deer hunting duck hunting elk hunting guided bear hunts guided deer hunts guided elk hunts guided hunts guided moose hunts hunting advocacy hunting freedom hunting organizations hunting trips international hunting join safari club moose hunting mountain lion hunting safari safari club international safari club membership sci waterfowl hunting where to hunt whitetail deer hunting wildlife conservation

###

Comment

Just saw this: Grizzlies put back on endanger species list, removed from state control.

"In a 48-page order, Judge Dana L. Christensen wrote that the case was “not about the ethics of hunting, and it is not about solving human- or livestock-grizzly conflicts.” Instead, he said, the ruling was based on his determination that the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service had illegally failed to consider how removing the Yellowstone bears from the endangered species list would affect other protected grizzly populations, and that its analysis of future threats to the bears was “arbitrary and capricious.”

Rogue judges are absolutely sickening. I hope this clown retires and Trump replaces him.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/scien...=.5efa28e260bc

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
          Just saw this: Grizzlies put back on endanger species list, removed from state control.

"In a 48-page order, Judge Dana L. Christensen wrote that the case was “not about the ethics of hunting, and it is not about solving human- or livestock-grizzly conflicts.” Instead, he said, the ruling was based on his determination that the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service had illegally failed to consider how removing the Yellowstone bears from the endangered species list would affect other protected grizzly populations, and that its analysis of future threats to the bears was “arbitrary and capricious.”

Rogue judges are absolutely sickening. I hope this clown retires and Trump replaces him.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/scien...=.5efa28e260bc

Hunters take a big L and honestly probably the first of many and will be the norm

Comment

I was supposed to be helping take care of some cattle herds in an area of Montana where livestock kills by them have been a reoccurring problem. Glad I let somebody else deal with that awful headache.

Comment

Bad deal right there. Remember how long and the legal battle over delisting the wolves and state hunts.

Comment

The comments are downright bizzaro!!! What a MESS...……………………...again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                  https://blog.eastmans.com/grizzly-be...d4c88-10958521
                  I read that this morning. I almost posted a comment, but decided against it. I can see both sides of the argument. Quite honestly, I was a bit surprised that the Eastman's, a family that I respect a great deal, allowed that article to be run as it was. I don't really have an issue with the content, but how it was presented. Seems like a scare tactic. It's unfortunate that not even hunting can escape the cloud of politics.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                    https://blog.eastmans.com/grizzly-be...d4c88-10958521

There are some pretty lefty western hunters. You can find them on any western forum. Typical no pot to take a leak in, projecting types or over thinking academia’s, that are unemployable in corporate compaines because of their hollier then he’ll, reinvent the wheel, Jerry McGuire attitudes

It’s crazy how someone can hunt and still support the erasing of the second amendment

Comment

Originally posted by simek View Post
                      I read that this morning. I almost posted a comment, but decided against it. I can see both sides of the argument. Quite honestly, I was a bit surprised that the Eastman's, a family that I respect a great deal, allowed that article to be run as it was. I don't really have an issue with the content, but how it was presented. Seems like a scare tactic. It's unfortunate that not even hunting can escape the cloud of politics.
                      Eastman’s are an old Wyoming family. They have lived through the reintroduction, ES listing, first delisting and now ten years the second delisting. Heck old man Eastman was still probably hunting Grizz in Montana when the ES listing was handed down. They are not overly Apex predator friendly nor is any old Wyoming ranching family. They have to deal with them every day and have seen and monitored the changes in the Land scape and hunting differences, with them essentially being unchecked. Three times now liberal judges have disregarded true science and rules on feelings and Non-relative assumptions

Comment

Grizzly Delisting.......BAM!!!

In Montana, ranchers are reimbursed the value of cattle killed by griz. I think the state says they either reimburse, or the ranchers will take care of the problem themselves. One was killing a cow per day and the wardens found/shot it from a helicopter.

A friend of my son’s was rifle hunting elk when a warden came up and asked them to be on the lookout for a piece of another hunter’s skull torn off by a griz.

I hunted last week a few miles from there last week and we did not see any griz skat, lots of black bear skat but no bear.

I had a can of bear spray on my left hip, and my 45 with 255 grain +P on my right- and prayed I needed neither.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
                          In Montana, ranchers are reimbursed the value of cattle killed by griz. I think the state says they either reimburse, or the ranchers will take care of the problem themselves. One was killing a cow per day and the wardens found/shot it from a helicopter.

A friend of my son’s was rifle hunting elk when a warden came up and asked them to be on the lookout for a piece of another hunter’s skull torn off by a griz.

I hunted last week a few miles from there last week and we did not see any griz skat, lots of black bear skat but no bear.

I had a can of bear spray on my left hip, and my 45 with 255 grain +P on my right- and prayed I needed neither.

I know guys up there who have completely given up on hunting certain areas they have hunted for years because of the amount of close encounters they've had in recent years.

Comment

We hunted the Soshone and Bridger-Teton border two weeks ago. Came across very fresh scat and had one come into camp at 2 am one morning checking out the polaris after we killed a bull. Locals do not hunt dark timber and the meat cutter in town had counted 8 grizzly while scouting. Hearing that sucker huffing and puffing right outside the trailer was QUITE the shock!!! Good to know that there are still plenty wild places in the lower 48, just keep your head on a swivel.

Comment

Wow...…..it continues!!! Be careful folks!!!

Officials from the Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks report that a bowhunter shot and killed a female grizzly bear and wounded her cub in self defense last Wednesday.
                              In a story by Louis Casiano of Fox News, this latest in a spate of recent, deadly grizzly encounters, took place on Montana’s Rocky Mountain Front in the Blackleaf Wildlife Management Area. The bowhunter encountered the bears in thick brush and shot both with a pistol. Investigators determined the hunter was acting in self defense and no charges will be brought.
                              Grizzly bears were delisted from the Endangered Species Act in August, returning management responsibility to the states. Wyoming and Idaho began authorizing regulated hunts as part of a science-based wildlife management plan while Montana was weighing its management options. The delisting was overturned by a Montana federal district court judge in September, halting the proposed management hunts in Wyoming and Idaho.
                              Attorneys for the FWS; the states of Wyoming, Idaho and Montana; and several non-governmental organizations including SCI and the NRA, made strong arguments in defense of the delisting and the use of hunting as a grizzly bear management tool. Safari Club International and NRA are considering options on appealing the decision. Wyoming Congresswoman Liz Cheney has introduced legislation to allow states to regain control of wildlife management.
                              This incident comes on the heels of a rash of such dangerous grizzly encounters. A bowhunter on the Montana Blackfeet Indian Reservation was recently attacked and killed by a grizzly. Earlier that same week, another Montana hunter was attacked as he was moving toward his moose and tragically, Wyoming guide Mark Uptain was attacked and killed by a grizzly as he and his client approached a downed elk.
                              Officials in the Greater Yellowstone area are advising residents to be “Bear Aware” as the bears are being sighted in places people may not expect to see them. Wyoming Game and Fish has had reports of grizzlies in residential areas eating pet food and even have a filmed encounter of bears trying to enter the back door of an occupied house.

Comment

Here’s how the boys in Montana think griz should be dealt with.

Btw- I hunted it solo today with a can of bear spray and a 45 with 255 grain +P Buffalo Bore loads. I said a prayer asking not to try either defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X