Buddhism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
    Good story lol. Ironically enough (if true) when I took western civ in college we were taught that back in antiquity Muslims were very tolerant of other religions and almost never imposed theirs onto any others if they took over their land in war. Sometimes they would impose a tax but never prohibit. Well that was along time ago and they have apparently given up on the tolerance aspect haha.
    Yep you are so right! The Iberian Peninsula is a prime example. When the Moors (Muslims from Northern Africa) invaded southern Spain/Portugal by crossing the Strait of Gibraltor. (think General Othello & Desdemona)
    They occupied southern Spain, Portugal, Sicily and some of France for approximately 800 years. Outside of Timbuktu the largest concentration of libraries on the globe were in those areas......incredible history as we got to see some of those areas last Christmas while hunting in Spain!
    This current rash of terrorists definitely changed history. I agree with most folks, when non-violent Muslims did not stand up to the trash that infected their religion and began slaughtering innocents all bets were off. The roles have reversed over the millennia but the religious zealots have always existed:

Comment

Originally posted by Reedimus View Post
      Come on deer season

X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
        oh crap Hooligan put that little known fact on TBH. Sir, you are to be excommunicated from the GREEN screen forever!
        Guess I'm gonna have to go find Ragin and start our own website... bandedcampbowhunters.com tales from the cooler

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
          Guess I'm gonna have to go find Ragin and start our own website... bandedcampbowhunters.com tales from the cooler
          Bwahahaahahahahahahahahhaa!!!! Yall would take over the inter-webs within a week!

Comment

Wow...folks hating on Christians.

You want to know about the God of Christianity...read His intended method of delivery.

Those that claim that Islam, Judaism and Christianity all share the same “god” are off their rocker and just looking for a means if articulating a reasoned theory why their pride is greater than their faith.

Wanna debate it? Bring it...not wiki links or I heard in the 4 th grade but rather peer reviewed sources of experts in the field.

Ishmael dis not “carry” his faith with him.

Those that deny Jesus are not true followers of Judaism.

The teachings of each are crystal clear on these aspects.

Haggai the prophet has a word for you naysayers

“Consider your ways!”

So sick of seeing Christians bashed and ridiculed...especially by those that claim allegiance to the Lord Jesus.

Keep stroking egos...thats been working foe the last 200 years here in this country...

Comment

Our country is in a sad state and this thread is a perfect example of why.

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                Wow...folks hating on Christians.

You want to know about the God of Christianity...read His intended method of delivery.

Those that claim that Islam, Judaism and Christianity all share the same “god” are off their rocker and just looking for a means if articulating a reasoned theory why their pride is greater than their faith.

Wanna debate it? Bring it...not wiki links or I heard in the 4 th grade but rather peer reviewed sources of experts in the field.

Ishmael dis not “carry” his faith with him.

Those that deny Jesus are not true followers of Judaism.

The teachings of each are crystal clear on these aspects.

Haggai the prophet has a word for you naysayers

“Consider your ways!”

So sick of seeing Christians bashed and ridiculed...especially by those that claim allegiance to the Lord Jesus.

Keep stroking egos...thats been working foe the last 200 years here in this country...

Same god. Thats not up for debate.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                  Our country is in a sad state and this thread is a perfect example of why.
                  Yessir I’d have to agree with you. I’d also say that I don’t see a non-violent/non-destructive way to turn it around. That’s my biggest fear; what kind of country will my young grandsons inherit? What the future holds for them it uncertain and pretty scary.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    Yessir I’d have to agree with you. I’d also say that I don’t see a non-violent/non-destructive way to turn it around. That’s my biggest fear; what kind of country will my young grandsons inherit? What the future holds for them it uncertain and pretty scary.
                    Agreed, sir. Unfortunately, and it pains me to say this, I think it’s too far gone.

Comment

Same god. Thats not up for debate.

You are wrong...and grossly uninformed

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                        Agreed, sir. Unfortunately, and it pains me to say this, I think it’s too far gone.
                        I guess I don't understand why? There are far more Christians on here than not I would say. And I would say for the most part the people that don't believe in God aren't going to try and force anyone not to believe. As long as the Christians do the same I think everyone's going to be just fine.

We need to keep that Holy War stuff in the middle East where it belongs.

Comment

Muslims believe in the same god as Christians. Same god as Jews. Both Christianity and Islam were sects or cults of Judaism. All three religions hold the old testament as sacred and are all Abrahamic religions.
                          Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                          oh crap Hooligan put that little known fact on TBH. Sir, you are to be excommunicated from the GREEN screen forever!

True Story: This happended during a press conference following the signing of the Peace Acord. Prime Minister Yitzak Rabin joked at the podium with Yassar Arafat that during the peace discussions he was showing Israeli traits & tendencies. This was said because of all of the hot air speeches Arafat was giving around the world. The conference room filled with press & dignitaries were laughing hysterically. Even Arafat was laughing at the joke. When Arafat came to the microphone he continued to smile and looked at Rabin and said, YES you are right Prime Minister since we are cousins through Abraham!!!
                          It is clearly a BIGGER picture than folks are willing or able to understand! Pretty much the Hatfields & McCoys for over 2,000 years with zero end in sight!
                          Okay, I made my “required” response to the OP about Buddhism several pages back , but I cannot in good conscience not speak up for the benefit of others who may be educating themselves here on Christianity and Islam.

Respectfully, these statements and suggestions are completely false. Abraham is where the common root ended. According to the Koran, they don’t even have the same name for Yahweh. They made up their own name for their own contrived, not revealed, “God personality”. This creates the biggest and most significant chasm between Christianity and Islam. Christianity = hundreds of fulfilled prophecies that proves the deity of Yahweh to anyone comparing the two without bias. Islam = none. The God of Abrahim is the eternal PAST triune God (Father, Jesus, Spirit). Islam rejects Jesus as Messiah, so they’re rejecting the God that has always existed in eternity past, not just when Jesus came to earth as a man. The sacrificial blood of Jesus is written on every page of the Old Testament, so Muslims do not embrace its truth and reality.

Not trying to be argumentative brothers, as this is a commonly repeated notion that gets thrown around. It sounds nice and would seem to “unite” these beliefs, but that’s exactly what Satan would have us believe, because he doesn’t need us to miss salvation by a mile, just by a perceived narrow gap between these beliefs.

There is but one entity that we should look to for truth, and it’s not a church, a philosopher, a good Christian, a terrible Christian, your own opinions, etc. It is the Word as fulfilled in the Son of God who defied the laws of the universe over and over, culminating in his triumph over death itself, but all pointing to His authority and love for humanity.

Anyway I’ve said enough, and this is all out there if anyone wishes to take the time to study both Judeo and secular historians.

The truth seekers will find it. God bless you guys!

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                            I guess I don't understand why? There are far more Christians on here than not I would say. And I would say for the most part the people that don't believe in God aren't going to try and force anyone not to believe. As long as the Christians do the same I think everyone's going to be just fine.

We need to keep that Holy War stuff in the middle East where it belongs.
                            I don’t think Charlie nor myself were referencing a holy war.

Comment

A lot of people people on this thread arguing opinions as facts, on both sides. A lot of people using the word religion, when they should be using the word faith. Religion is created by man, therefore it is inherently flawed, unless you believe man is perfect. Faith is believing in a higher power, without having actual evidence of it's existence. Faith is as necessary to a healthy human as food, water, and shelter.

Those arguing over who is right or wrong is pretty dumb on this topic of faith. If you had undeniable factual evidence to prove your religion is the only one, then why are there so many? It is because you have faith, which is good, but you don't 100% actually know if you're right. That's why they call it blind faith. To those that claim they aren't religious, you still have faith, otherwise what's the point of living?

We got 4 days till bow season and this thread proves it needs to get here asap.

Comment

Originally posted by woodsman View Post
                                Okay, I made my “required” response to the OP about Buddhism several pages back , but I cannot in good conscience not speak up for the benefit of others who may be educating themselves here on Christianity and Islam.

Respectfully, these statements and suggestions are completely false. Abraham is where the common root ended. According to the Koran, they don’t even have the same name for Yahweh. They made up their own name for their own contrived, not revealed, “God personality”. This creates the biggest and most significant chasm between Christianity and Islam. Christianity = hundreds of fulfilled prophecies that proves the deity of Yahweh to anyone comparing the two without bias. Islam = none. The God of Abrahim is the eternal PAST triune God (Father, Jesus, Spirit). Islam rejects Jesus as Messiah, so they’re rejecting the God that has always existed in eternity past, not just when Jesus came to earth as a man. The sacrificial blood of Jesus is written on every page of the Old Testament, so Muslims do not embrace its truth and reality.

Not trying to be argumentative brothers, as this is a commonly repeated notion that gets thrown around. It sounds nice and would seem to “unite” these beliefs, but that’s exactly what Satan would have us believe, because he doesn’t need us to miss salvation by a mile, just by a perceived narrow gap between these beliefs.

There is but one entity that we should look to for truth, and it’s not a church, a philosopher, a good Christian, a terrible Christian, your own opinions, etc. It is the Word as fulfilled in the Son of God who defied the laws of the universe over and over, culminating in his triumph over death itself, but all pointing to His authority and love for humanity.

Anyway I’ve said enough, and this is all out there if anyone wishes to take the time to study both Judeo and secular historians.

The truth seekers will find it. God bless you guys!

Thank you for a respectful and informed response.

Comment

Working...
                                X