No announcement yet.

Floor plan help, please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is what we are building, 32’x65’ outside dimensions, if you take 1’ off each wall due to a 8” purlin and a 2”x4” wall you wind up with 30’x63’ or 1890 sq ft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here are the floor plans for what we are currently building. Our building is 50x50

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I modified one of theirs using home architecture, scroll to bottom

Comment

If I were gonna be doing it from scratch, I'd try to make the layout so that the master closet backed up to the wash room with a pass through. Or put the washer dryer in the closet.

Comment

i can draw you a custom set for a reasonable price, PM me for details.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
              Here is our floor plan for our Barndo in Iowa. It is 40'x80' with a 16'x40' open storage bay. We will only have two bedrooms.

The living area is 40'x40' with 9' sidewalls and 8' wrap around porch. The shop is 40'x40' with 16' sidewalls. This will be a post frame building. We have decided to go with red roof with tan sidewalls and no wainscot instead of the green and tan as shown.

[ATTACH]910841[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]910842[/ATTACH]
              Our barndominium in Iowa is coming along. Still got a lot of work ahead.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Building one too. In for good info.

Comment

Ours is 30x40 with 2 BR on diagonal corners of the building.
                  Very private I would definitely insulate the interior walls
                  Our Mueller building was also insulated before we built it out
                  Very comfy winter or summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbone3636 View Post
                    this is what we are building, 32’x65’ outside dimensions, if you take 1’ off each wall due to a 8” purlin and a 2”x4” wall you wind up with 30’x63’ or 1890 sq ft

I wanted an even 40ft inside width so I made my slab 42' 3" wide. Also used 8" purlin and 2x4 wall.

OP You can make the dimensions anything you want, they don't have to even numbers.

Comment

12ring. Just a suggestion. When we built out house we did like you put the washer and dryer in the middle of the house and we have a problem with the dryer vent ever since. We are Constantly having to lay the dryer over unhook the vent and blow out and clean the dryer exhaust to the outside.

Comment

Too late.

^^^^^

Thanks for the heads up, but too late, lol.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	20180914_104216.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	24555455

Comment

Like watchn paint dry.......

First off, I cant complain about time frame.....
                          My buddy (custom home builder) and huntn partner for the past 25 yrs is building this thing so cheap I think he'll owe me when it's done! Lol.

Now that deer season is over, he's making a little progress.

It's far from fancy outside but plan to make up for that insde.

Should be foaming it next week!
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	20190124_180706.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	24568103

Comment

Looking good. We are about on the same schedule. I am hoping mine is done in the next few months. Trying to do as much as possible myself. We went with a 40X40.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                              12ring. Just a suggestion. When we built out house we did like you put the washer and dryer in the middle of the house and we have a problem with the dryer vent ever since. We are Constantly having to lay the dryer over unhook the vent and blow out and clean the dryer exhaust to the outside.
                              Originally posted by 12ring View Post
                              ^^^^^

Thanks for the heads up, but too late, lol.
                              Sorry to hijack.

I installed a dry booster fan and it has helped alot!

https://www.grainger.com/search/hvac...ryer+fan&sst=1

Comment

What if I vented it out into the garage?

Comment

Working...
                                X