2018 Alamo Precision Rifles TBH Special Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
    The different colored flutes do look pretty nice.
    Yeah they do. I had a vsff II with it and sold it. I wanted stainless flutes and graphite black barrel on my man bun

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Got the call yesterday that my 6.5 creedmoor was finished. Luckily I live close by so I quickly got ready to go pick it up. Got the scope mounted yesterday afternoon and it’s ready to hit the range. Cant wait to see what this thing will do.
      Attached Files

Comment

Very nice! I pickup my 7mm-08 tomorrow. Took them my Seekins and Leupold 5HD last week so it’ll be all setup when I get it. Pretty excited, haven’t shot rifles to speak of in many years. Feel like some does and swine will be in trouble in late season.

Comment

Originally posted by mdnabors View Post
          Very nice! I pickup my 7mm-08 tomorrow. Took them my Seekins and Leupold 5HD last week so it’ll be all setup when I get it. Pretty excited, haven’t shot rifles to speak of in many years. Feel like some does and swine will be in trouble in late season.
          Hopefully a few deer will be in trouble in a few weeks with mine. Got drawn for a tpwd Private lands either sex permit this year. Taking it down to southwest Texas to see if I can put it to good use. Allowed 1 buck 8 points or less, 1 doe, and 1 javalina. Guided by one of the ranch owners to tell me what I can and can’t shoot but should have really good odds.

Comment

Picked her up today...

7mm-08
            20” Muller APR Barrel threaded
            1-9 twist
            Greyboe terrain- APR Desert Sponge Blk,OD Gr, and Coyote Brwn
            Elite Smoke bolt and barrel cerakote

Leupold VX-5HD 3-15x56 CDS-ZL2 Firedot Duplex

I’m pretty pumped and ready to get her dialed in!
            Attached Files

Comment

7mm-08
              1-9 twist

Congrats!

Comment

Picked her up from FFL yesterday! She is a beaut! My son should enjoy for many years!

Comment

7mm-08
                  1-9 twist

Absolutely sick brother. I REALLY like yours, great color combination and exactly what I'm looking for. That 20" barrel will really make it handle well I'm sure, please update with chrono numbers and how it shoots ASAP.

Signed,
                  A jealous fellow hunter

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel75 View Post
                      Absolutely sick brother. I REALLY like yours, great color combination and exactly what I'm looking for. That 20" barrel will really make it handle well I'm sure, please update with chrono numbers and how it shoots ASAP.

Signed,
                      A jealous fellow hunter
                      Lol...thanks brother. I'll reply when I get a chance to send some down range. May not be soon as the Bow has my attention for awhile!

Comment

New rifle was well worth the wait. Got it broken in and dialed in pretty nicely today. It can certainly shoot better the my capabilities currently. However the shooting bench I had today was a bit shaky with other next to me. Most groups had a flyer. I tested the Hornady Match 140 eld-m and Hornady Precision Hunter 143 eld-x. Seems to like the 143 eld-x a bit better. The last group of 143 eld-x was the last 4 shots I had. I was to lazy to replace the target so I just aimed at the top point on the diamond. Looking forward to seeing what this thing will do at longer ranges. Also hoping to knock a few deer down in a few weeks.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Lol...thanks brother. I'll reply when I get a chance to send some down range. May not be soon as the Bow has my attention for awhile!
                          What’s the weight?

Comment

The Greyboe stock has a larger diameter spot for a sling screw, anyone have the proper swivel for this To recommend?

Comment

Originally posted by STXJunkee View Post
                              The Greyboe stock has a larger diameter spot for a sling screw, anyone have the proper swivel for this To recommend?
                              I ordered mine from Mcmillan Stocks.

Comment

Got my scope mounted up (Thanks Mike D). I put it in seeking mediums, but may try some lows. Scope is a tad big for the gun, but I like big scopes [emoji51]

Time to take her to the range and see what she can do!

7mm-08 w/20” threaded barrel. Suppressor for this gun should be here any day now.

Comment

Working...
                                X