TSA got me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TSA got me.

Worked a long day yesterday and got up at 3:30 this morning to catch a 6am flight out of SA. We were running late and i got to security with my favorite case pocketknife in my pocket. You would think that with TSA pre check a small pocketknife wouldn’t be a big deal. I got to donate that one to TSA.

I did the same thing on an 0500 flight about a month ago. Just a $30 Gerber but I had that knife for several years and liked it. Of the 4-5 EDC's that I have it was the one most carried.

Worst was none of them would take it and I didn't have time to go back to my truck in the remote parking lot. In the trash it went.

Comment

We was going on a flight my son was about 12 brought 3 case knife's they got mine too

Comment

yall can always buy your stuff back at auction.....

Ever wonder what happens to all the items people have to surrender to TSA agents at the airport checkpoints? Or what about the items passengers leave behind on airplanes, in those seat pockets and overhead bins?

Comment

Wife got caught with one in Dallas

They let her mail it back to herself, took about 6wks for it to show back up but it did

Maybe they felt sorry for her or things have changed?

For anybody wondering, it was her grandpa's and she keeps it in her purse. One of those tiny 3 blade Shrade ones

Comment

That sucks. You should read some of the stuff you can carry on. I was surprised to hear you can carry matches, Li-Ion batteries can come with, but can't be checked, a few other things hunting related I checked into that are allowed I would have never guessed.

Comment

The last week or so they have been very touchy feely. More than I have seen in the past.
              I just got back from Georgia on the 10th and TSA had their hands all over me and everyone else. Heightened security possibly for Sept 11th anniversary?

Comment

Anyone ever try to get a thermocell insect repeller through? Went to Canada fishing didn't even try, but sure could have been handy to have. I was thinking with the little propane cyl. probably not.

Comment

Originally posted by postman View Post
                  Anyone ever try to get a thermocell insect repeller through? Went to Canada fishing didn't even try, but sure could have been handy to have. I was thinking with the little propane cyl. probably not.
                  I think they are specifically excluded.

Comment

Originally posted by postman View Post

About 5 years ago I took mine packed in my bow case with a bunch of the gas bottles

Comment

I did that once. They gave me the option of putting it in my vehicle.

I didn't have time to get back to the car so I hid it in a flower bed.

Picked it back up when I got back.

Comment

What you meant to say is "I had a brain fart ... forgot to put my pocket knife in my checked bag ... and TSA did a fantastic job and caught it. It sucks that it was one of my favorite knives and I wasn't willing to pay to have them mail it back to me.", right?

Comment

I made it from IAH to Orlando and back with a box of 22-250 in my carry on 2 months ago. Didn't see it tucked down in one of my pockets in my backpack till I got back home. I'll give the TSA an A-

Comment

I made it through ABIA into Denver. Had a few hours between flights in Denver so went outside for a smoke. Going back through security they pulled 3 rounds of 30.06 out of my bino harness that I had in my carry on. They were surprisingly cool about it. Losing a nice knife would suck though.

Comment

Go on Ebay and buy another. I used to buy packs of 12 case knives for $50. Pretty sure the seller worked for TSA

Comment

Working...
                              X