Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 01-16-2020, 09:30 PM   #1
sbushee
Ten Point

Hunt In: The Outside
Default Astros players also cheated

All their wins should be taken away.
If the Astros are allowed to play in 2020, maybe they will lead the league in hit batters
sbushee is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 09:35 PM   #2
eastxhunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Marsh / Central Tx

Sry there champ horse is dead no matter how much you continue to beat it
eastxhunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 09:37 PM   #3
Mexico
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Old Mexico, Centerville Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastxhunter View Post
He's got a dead bear on his head bruh... he's a troll and he knows.it.
Mexico is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 09:39 PM   #4
TexanDuke
Eight Point

Hunt In: Polk County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexico View Post
He's got a dead bear on his head bruh... he's a troll and he knows.it.

Thatís just good clean comedy there lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TexanDuke is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 09:40 PM   #5
krausejmk
Ten Point

Hunt In: Victoria, Tx

Hey look who just woke up! Have another drink bud
krausejmk is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 09:44 PM   #6
DapperDan
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas

Ok. Iíll bite. And many wonít like what Iím going to say. But here it is.

WHO GIVES A ****???? Seriously....

After more years than most spent playing, coaching, and mentoring in the sport with kids of all ages, (including college players) I donít care one bit about the ďcheatingĒ. Here is my $0.02. Stealing signs has been a part of the game since the game has been played. Itís part of the game. It always has been and always will be. I spent hours and hours as a player trying to depict and decode signs that a third base coach was giving base runners to get an edge. And when I cracked the code, you can bet I called for a pitch out and hosed runners by 10 feet or more stealing second or third. As a base runner, you can bet your sweet *** I was picking up signs from second base and relaying them to the batter. Itís part of the game. The only difference between that and what the Astros, Boston, Yankees, and many other teams were doing is they used video which got the same results. What do you expect when you allow iPads and monitors in a dugout? The game isnít played the same anymore. Itís about analytics, percentages based off the pitchers tendencies in certain situations and pitch counts, hitters contact and fly ball to ground ball ratios, and just about any other stat you can think of. MLB is at fault for what occurred, not the teams that took advantage of it. If you want to fix the issue, take all the BS technology out of the game and play it the way it was meant to be played. By the feel of the game and what your eyes tell you. Not what a dam computer says. And most importantly, if you donít want your signs being stolen, change them. Be it inning to inning, batter to batter, game to game, or what ever works. Be smarter than the guy your playing against. And, if a guy is picking signs at second and relating them to the batter, give him a fastball in the ribs his next time up to bat..... play the dam game!

Rant over

DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 09:47 PM   #7
Smart
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green County

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
Here is my $0.02.

you gonna need change back for that ?
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 09:49 PM   #8
sideways
Ten Point

Amen , baseball is entertainment I was entertained. Iím not gonna stop watching it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
sideways is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 09:51 PM   #9
Mexico
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
you gonna need change back for that ?
That's alot of change in Pesos
Old 01-16-2020, 09:54 PM   #10
sierracharlie338
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere I can.... seems to be pretty limited these days

Iím with that dapper guy lol

Sierracharlie outÖ
sierracharlie338 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 09:54 PM   #11
Jcjohnson
Ten Point

Hunt In: Burke, Thompson, Lincolnton

Quote:
Ok. I’ll bite. And many won’t like what I’m going to say. But here it is.

After more years than most spent playing, coaching, and mentoring in the sport with kids of all ages, (including college players) I don’t care one bit about the “cheating”. Here is my $0.02. Stealing signs has been a part of the game since the game has been played. It’s part of the game. It always has been and always will be. I spent hours and hours as a player trying to depict and decode signs that a third base coach was giving base runners to get an edge. And when I cracked the code, you can bet I called for a pitch out and hosed runners by 10 feet or more stealing second or third. As a base runner, you can bet your sweet *** I was picking up signs from second base and relaying them to the batter. It’s part of the game. The only difference between that and what the Astros, Boston, Yankees, and many other teams were doing is they used video which got the same results. What do you expect when you allow iPads and monitors in a dugout? The game isn’t played the same anymore. It’s about analytics, percentages based off the pitchers tendencies in certain situations and pitch counts, hitters contact and fly ball to ground ball ratios, and just about any other stat you can think of. MLB is at fault for what occurred, not the teams that took advantage of it. If you want to fix the issue, take all the BS technology out of the game and play it the way it was meant to be played. By the feel of the game and what your eyes tell you. Not what a dam computer says. And most importantly, if you don’t want your signs being stolen, change them. Be it inning to inning, batter to batter, game to game, or what ever works. Be smarter than the guy your playing against. And, if a guy is picking signs at second and relating them to the batter, give him a fastball in the ribs his next time up to bat..... play the dam game!

Rant over

Agree it’s part of the game but where do you draw the line?? I mean it has to stop some where. Apparently it was a well known thing amongst teams. If MLB didn’t do anything it would open the door wide open for more of the same and water down the sport
Jcjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 09:56 PM   #12
BLACKFINTURKEY
Ten Point

Hunt In: Marion,Texas

Quote:

After more years than most spent playing, coaching, and mentoring in the sport with kids of all ages, (including college players) I donít care one bit about the ďcheatingĒ. Here is my $0.02. Stealing signs has been a part of the game since the game has been played. Itís part of the game. It always has been and always will be. I spent hours and hours as a player trying to depict and decode signs that a third base coach was giving base runners to get an edge. And when I cracked the code, you can bet I called for a pitch out and hosed runners by 10 feet or more stealing second or third. As a base runner, you can bet your sweet *** I was picking up signs from second base and relaying them to the batter. Itís part of the game. The only difference between that and what the Astros, Boston, Yankees, and many other teams were doing is they used video which got the same results. What do you expect when you allow iPads and monitors in a dugout? The game isnít played the same anymore. Itís about analytics, percentages based off the pitchers tendencies in certain situations and pitch counts, hitters contact and fly ball to ground ball ratios, and just about any other stat you can think of. MLB is at fault for what occurred, not the teams that took advantage of it. If you want to fix the issue, take all the BS technology out of the game and play it the way it was meant to be played. By the feel of the game and what your eyes tell you. Not what a dam computer says. And most importantly, if you donít want your signs being stolen, change them. Be it inning to inning, batter to batter, game to game, or what ever works. Be smarter than the guy your playing against. And, if a guy is picking signs at second and relating them to the batter, give him a fastball in the ribs his next time up to bat..... play the dam game!

Rant over

10000% agree!
BLACKFINTURKEY is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 10:00 PM   #13
sbushee
Ten Point

Hunt In: The Outside

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastxhunter View Post
I was late getting to the story. I should have checked the Astros thread since TBH has a lot of Houston area traffic.
sbushee is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 10:06 PM   #14
curtintex
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Trinity County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcjohnson View Post
Agree itís part of the game but where do you draw the line?? I mean it has to stop some where. Apparently it was a well known thing amongst teams. If MLB didnít do anything it would open the door wide open for more of the same and water down the sport
MLB literally turned a blind eye to whole PED epidemic that tainted an entire decade of records, legacies and HOF careers. NOW, they want to make their stand on stealing signs???? We did that starting in Little League.

MLB has zero credibility for rule enforcement or sanctity of the game. Just like the HOF don't mean **** if Pete Rose ain't in it.
curtintex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 10:06 PM   #15
OldRiverRat
Ten Point

Hunt In: Navarro County

Quote:

Rant over

Completely agree. They are trying to stop something that they canít prevent and itís just part of the game.
What pi$$es me off are all the crybabies whining about it.
They are just upset their guys werenít better at doing the same thing because if you believe for one second that ever team isnít trying to do it then you are just stupid. Instead of wasting all this time on the guys stealing signs why not try to figure out a better way to give and hide the signs. You have to adapt as the game evolves.

OldRiverRat is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 10:07 PM   #16
OldRiverRat
Ten Point

Hunt In: Navarro County

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtintex View Post
MLB literally turned a blind eye to whole PED epidemic that tainted an entire decade of records, legacies and HOF careers. NOW, they want to make their stand on stealing signs???? We did that starting in Little League.

MLB has zero credibility for rule enforcement or sanctity of the game. Just like the HOF don't mean **** if Pete Rose ain't in it.

Exactly!!

OldRiverRat is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 10:11 PM   #17
Jcjohnson
Ten Point

Quote:

What’s the ban on PED use now? Baseball has never been known for there trend setting skills always behimd the times and slow to change. For what it’s worth I’m not bashing the astros. Great team with tons of talent and think the axe fell unfairly on them no way they are the only ones. They just won and drew a bigger target on them selfs. But I’m happy MLB got in front of this now with the technology available these days and not drag their feet like they did with the PED’s if this was the Nats of 2019 would it change your mind?

And yes I agree Pete got and continues to get the shaft...

Last edited by Jcjohnson; 01-16-2020 at 10:28 PM.
Old 01-16-2020, 10:11 PM   #18
JLivi1224
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Public

*****SLOW CLAP***** for DD
JLivi1224 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 10:13 PM   #19
krausejmk
Ten Point

Quote:

As my kid say.... mic drop!! Which I thing means I agree, lol
Old 01-16-2020, 10:14 PM   #20
Trapper76
Four Point

They all cheat, some get caught.
Trapper76 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 10:16 PM   #21
JLivi1224
Pope & Young

Quote:

**** RIGHT!! ACROSS THE BOARD !!

** Pete Rose and his 4,256 Hits say, ďF.U. , HOF!Ē
Old 01-16-2020, 10:17 PM   #22
RLB
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Comal County

Quote:
Agree itís part of the game but where do you draw the line?? I mean it has to stop some where. Apparently it was a well known thing amongst teams. If MLB didnít do anything it would open the door wide open for more of the same and water down the sport
If you're dumb enough to get your signs stolen and dumb enough to not know it's happening....the wrong manager got fired.
RLB is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 10:18 PM   #23
Skinny
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Montague County

I think they should all start batting from the pitchers mound.
Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 10:23 PM   #24
pilar
Ten Point

Hunt In: Sisterdale and el dorado , Jeff Davis, refugio/sinton

I actually kinda like sign stealing, reason is baseball is a boring game, the more hits the less boring the game, I don’t watch any baseball till the very end of the season so could care less
If it is the two best cheaters with lots of offense and good defense !
Now any sport using steroids or dopping to get wins well different story

And F Pete Rose, for many different reason, cheating to win in gambling
Breaking that guys arm during the all star game, just being a D-bag ,

Last edited by pilar; 01-16-2020 at 10:30 PM.
pilar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 10:25 PM   #25
curtintex
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLivi1224 View Post
**** RIGHT!! ACROSS THE BOARD !!

** Pete Rose and his 4,256 Hits say, ďF.U. , HOF!Ē
Missing from the HOF:

Pete Rose....All-time Hits Leader (4,256)
Roger Clemens.... 7 Cy Youngs
Barry Bonds....All-time Home Run Leader (762)

MLB HOF= Joke
curtintex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 10:26 PM   #26
Jcjohnson
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilar View Post
I actually kinda like sign stealing, reason is baseball is a boring game, the more hits the less boring the game, I donít watch any baseball till the very end of the season so could care less
If it is the two best cheaters with lots of offense and good defense !
Now any sport using steroids or dopping to get wins well different story
I thinks thatís the exact reason why PEDs where overlooked for so long personally
Old 01-16-2020, 10:34 PM   #27
Abcdj
Pope & Young

Ya can't hit another player in football anymore?
Ya get tossed out of hockey game for fighting now?
Nascar spends millions to prevent wreck?
Now ya can't steal signs in baseball?

Wussafication of America continues!
Abcdj is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 10:34 PM   #28
pilar
Ten Point

Quote:
I thinks that’s the exact reason why PEDs where overlooked for so long personally
PED’s because baseball is so boring they need them to make it interesting?

MLB should be banned from tv till the playoffs, if you want to see it go to the dang park

Last edited by pilar; 01-16-2020 at 10:39 PM.
Old 01-16-2020, 10:41 PM   #29
Bama
Ten Point

Hunt In: Stovallcustomknives facebook

Quote:

Rant over

Exactly and I'm not even a Astros fan!!!
Bama is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 10:42 PM   #30
Black Ice
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jefferson & Brooks County

It the midget wore a buzzer he should be banned for life from baseball.

Same goes for Bregman.

Black Ice is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 10:43 PM   #31
Jcjohnson
Ten Point

Quote:
PEDís because baseball is so boring they need them to make it interesting?
Yes sir, the average fan generally doesnít appreciate great pitching they just wanna see the ball go far
Old 01-16-2020, 10:43 PM   #32
smithb164
Ten Point

Rangers are still trash.......
smithb164 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 10:45 PM   #33
JHT
Pope & Young

Quote:
MLB didn't overlook them, they ignored their use during the Sosa vs McGuire HR race. Ratings were through the roof that year.

Until the shinola hit the fan from an outside source, then the fallout started.

Same scenario today.
JHT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 10:45 PM   #34
Abcdj
Pope & Young

Quote:

MLB should be banned from tv till the playoffs, if you want to see it go to the dang park
Pilar, hows about we take in a double header this Spring My treat!
Abcdj is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 10:48 PM   #35
JHT
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Ice View Post

Same goes for Bregman.

Vacate your beloved Yankees roid WS rings and asterisk the last three years of the Stros records.

Even trade no?

JHT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 10:54 PM   #36
Mexico
Pope & Young

No...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 01-16-2020, 11:02 PM   #37
Rubi513
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Walker County

Quote:

Same goes for Bregman.

Your team is among the top with players busted for peds...
Rangers are up there too...
Quit being a snowflake.
Rubi513 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 11:09 PM   #38
krausejmk
Ten Point

Quote:

Same goes for Bregman.

Old 01-16-2020, 11:15 PM   #39
krausejmk
Ten Point

Quote:

Same goes for Bregman.

https://www.nj.com/yankees/2017/09/m...ees_in_ap.html
Old 01-16-2020, 11:17 PM   #40
150class
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Uvalde, Boerne

Quote:

Beautifully said!

150class is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 11:18 PM   #41
Etxbuckman
Pope & Young

MLB's just ****** it was the Astros kicking *** for 3 straight years and not the Dodgers, Red Sox, or Yankees. They can't be having another market chipping at away at their big money makers.
Etxbuckman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 11:29 PM   #42
Black Ice
Pope & Young

Figured Iíd get a few bites

I had to include Breggs so I wouldnít get called out for being an LSU fan
On a serious note the players should be suspended if they wore the buzzers for as long as a ped pop would cost.

Itís like trying to learn someoneís tell in cards or using a camera to see the cards and using a device to relay the hand to another player. One is part of the game and the other should get you shot.

Last edited by Black Ice; 01-16-2020 at 11:31 PM.
Old 01-16-2020, 11:34 PM   #43
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia

Russia did it.. It's all Russia's fault..
ttaxidermy is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 11:35 PM   #44
JLivi1224
Pope & Young

Quote:
Missing from the HOF:

Pete Rose....All-time Hits Leader (4,256)
Roger Clemens.... 7 Cy Youngs
Barry Bonds....All-time Home Run Leader (762)

MLB HOF= Joke
Yessir !
Old 01-16-2020, 11:35 PM   #45
pilar
Ten Point

Default Letís make baseball fun again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcdj View Post
Pilar, hows about we take in a double header this Spring My treat!
I am in for that as long as they hand out free beer and donít charge for parking : and maybe throw in the pitcher has to juggle wild snakes during the 7th inning stretch
Or better yet a closed circuit tv in the dugout and wild African beeís are turned loose every foul ball to liven things up
Old 01-16-2020, 11:36 PM   #46
JLivi1224
Pope & Young

Quote:
Figured Iíd get a few bites

I had to include Breggs so I wouldnít get called out for being an LSU fan
On a serious note the players should be suspended if they wore the buzzers for as long as a ped pop would cost.

Itís like trying to learn someoneís tell in cards or using a camera to see the cards and using a device to relay the hand to another player. One is part of the game and the other should get you shot.

Is there a report out there having to do with them wearing a buzzing mechanism of some sort...??
Old 01-16-2020, 11:51 PM   #47
Black Ice
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLivi1224 View Post
Is there a report out there having to do with them wearing a buzzing mechanism of some sort...??
Apparently I suck and linking articles after 20k post.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cli...outputType=amp

Last edited by Black Ice; 01-16-2020 at 11:53 PM.
Old 01-16-2020, 11:54 PM   #48
Black Ice
Pope & Young

Old 01-17-2020, 12:21 AM   #49
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point

Quote:

It was confetti..dodgera, yanks and red sox just got named today from a former player/coach. Esny has the article.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
AZST_bowhunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 04:12 AM   #50
DeerBySchultz
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
10000% agree!
I 1000000% agree also,being I played baseball all my life
DeerBySchultz is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top