Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My last Deer hunt of the 2019 season

Maybe my last on my lease.

I get setup in a spot I've been busted in before. I decide to sit on ground in front of the tires instead of inside the tires. I was catching up on TBH when I see a Bobcat cross my shooting lane. I get up and reposition for a standing shot. It's already in the brush. I see it moving in amongst the Mesquite. I was tempted to try and call it. It's already 20 - 30 yds away.
    I look for an opening in the brush in it's potential path. I find one. I wait, see it walk into it, look up over the scope, it's base magnification is 6X, to id it's orientation to me. Hard quartering away left side.

I pick a dot on its side, double check it's orientation and it starts walking. I get a surge of it's getting away and I jerk the trigger.
    I see it continue to move away from me in the scope. I watch it til it I just about lose sight of. As it's lmost almost of sight it looks like it folds over. I'm like woohoo. I walk down the shooting lane to get in front of it and to get on the other side of the brush that was between us. I was expecting to see it lying there close by. I don't see it I
    walk to the area I last saw it. I see nothing. I do a visual back azimuth to where I shot from. I'm too far north, move South some. Recheck visual azimuth, lines up. Found the tree it was in front of and look for blood, none. Walk the game trail I believe it was following about 15 yds. No blood. Check my side of the tree I see white wood towards the base. Height looked right, I tend to pull left when excited so I'm 90% sure I center punched the tree.
    No pics.

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for You and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor, but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.
    Last edited by Pushbutton2; 01-18-2020, 04:42 PM.

It’s not always about the Kill, yet Experience! Good read and good luck next time!

Comment

Bobcat is on my Bucket list!!

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for You and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor, but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

Why might this be your last hunt on your lease?

Comment

My last Deer hunt of the 2019 season

You gonna mount the tree? Cut that sucker down and cut out a log with your center punch. Conversation piece.[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            Why might this be your last hunt on your lease?
            It's been on and off the market for a while now.

Been listed with a realtor for 7 -8 months now I think. Longest continues stretch, that I know of, that it's been listed.

I know it's been shown 3X the season. Maybe more

Comment

My season ended good, kinda :-)
              Only gu6y one deer. But had fun.

After the hunt Am going I went and closed the hard I left open. Decided to walk to the crossroads feeder and see what was to be seen.

A little piglet. It was behind a cactus. It turned, saw me and walked around the corner. A minute later the big black pig I shot at a few weeks ago comes out. I put the crosshairs on it and squeeze of a round. I see pigs scatter in 3 directions.
              I get off another shot and catch one on the run.
              Couldn't find blood for the other His times coming tho. This was our 2nd encounter.)

Sounder split in 3 groups after I shot.
              I played hide seek with 2 of the groups for about 30 minutes.

She was still suckling and the piglets was looking for her.
              I could heart them in the brush as I was looking for her. They was loud. Sounded like 1 or 2 big pigs do writhing in pain and agony in some thick brush. As I was trying to find a way in our get an eye on them 2 little piglets stepped out onto the road. We was all shocked to see each other. I raised my pistol but they disappeared before I could line up on them. I tried to wait then out to get a few more but there was other pigs with the piglets They never came back but they did circle me looking and grunting..

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post

After the hunt Am going I went and closed the hard I left open. Decided to walk to the crossroads feeder and see what was to be seen.

A little piglet. It was behind a cactus. It turned, saw me and walked around the corner. A minute later the big black pig I shot at a few weeks ago comes out. I put the crosshairs on it and squeeze of a round. I see pigs scatter in 3 directions.
                Couldn't find blood for the other His times coming tho. This was our 2nd encounter.)

I could heart them in the brush as I was looking for her. They was loud. Sounded like 1 or 2 big pigs do writhing in pain and agony in some thick brush. As I was trying to find a way in our get an eye on them 2 little piglets stepped out onto the road. We was all shocked to see each other. I raised my pistol but they disappeared before I could line up on them. I tried to wait then out to get a few more but there was other pigs with the piglets They never came back but they did circle me looking and grunting..

Congratulations!..... I think

Comment

I'm still trying to figure the azimuth!

Comment

Spray and pray!!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                      I'm still trying to figure the azimuth!
                      :-)
                      It's a big word:-) that means direction 0:-)

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post

Sounds like you saw lots of pigs

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                          Congratulations!..... I think
                          [emoji1303]

Thank you!

It's was a very enjoyable weekend. Not really productive but a lot of fun.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

I feel your pain!!

Comment

Working...
                              X