What's your favorite meal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's your favorite meal?

No, not talking about your favorite food... I'm talking about what meal that you've eaten at a moment in time that you enjoyed so much that it can only be described as your favorite?

For example, my favorite meal was seaside in a small village on the shore near Yelapa, Mexico. We had endless amounts of Pacifico and lime, endless shrimp, and a 4-course meal that included endless lobster and fresh fish caught earlier that morning. It was the day before my wedding and was shared with my then fiance, mother in law, parents and my sister.

That was the best meal of my life. It was in a place which I can only describe as paradise, had the most important people in my life around me all at the same time, the food was excellent, and the memories made will last forever. And while I would always pick a ribeye over shrimp and fish, the moment in time, the great people that served us, the family we shared it with, THAT makes it my favorite meal.

So what's your favorite meal?

Switzerland, Lake Lucerne, chicken with pasta and several cheeses and dry red table wine...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I love eating out and especially on vacation. With that being said I don’t remember or crave any of those meals. My last meal would be fried venison, rice and gravy. Not even a close 2nd. I would prob have to cook it also

Comment

We have always had Christmas at our house and I cook lunch. About 10 years ago we sat 23 people for lunch. I made a crazy good meal that I have not attempted since then. This year we sat 14 folks. All the parents and older siblings have gone home........

Comment

Best meal I’ve ever had and I will never forget how good it was and can still taste it to this day...

Last year on a sand bar down from our meat cache we grilled over some willow, fresh moose steaks from the day before with fresh caught pike from that day and ramen noodles as the side. Simple but my goodness it was incredible!

Comment

Great thread bud. Mine was without a doubt, the T-bones me and my dad enjoyed over a mesquite fire in the middle of nowhere on our lease in Zapata county. He’s been gone 9 years now and I still can’t hardly talk about him without getting choked up.

I’m in no hurry but can’t wait to throw some steaks on the grill with him again some day.

Comment

No idea the name of the place, we were in Chiba, Japan and a buddy knew of a nice place. Maybe had seating for 25 total. No menus, 15 courses, lots of drinks and laughs. I’ve never had food that good since

2nd best would be whenever I used to go help my bil with branding. Lunch and dinner on the last day was worth all the work

Comment

A can of biscuits that was wrapped in foil and throwed in coals, it didn't hurt that we were snowed in at nearly 10,000 feet mule deer hunting. For some reason I remember that hunt every time I see cheap canned biscuits.

Comment

My favorite meal would probably be the meal we have yearly on Christmas Eve. It’s Menudo, different kinds of tamales, rice, beans, cabbage with tomato and lemon. Sometimes we throw in some beef ribs and all different kinds of desserts.

Comment

If I were to have a final meal it would have to be a pile of over easy eggs, steak-beef or venison, hash browns-actual hash browns not that shredded crap out of the freezer section, and big pile of buttered toast. It's because I can only have the memories of Holliday meals at grandma's or dad's campfire meals on the riverbank, I guess some things weren't meant to be replaced.

Comment

My dad and I split a seafood platter on the island of Crete. Everything was caught that morning and not your typical seafood, there were lots of things that pushed my dad out of his comfort zone. It was really a special, relaxing meal that I will always cherish.

Comment

My next one....

Comment

Cougar loins

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                            Cougar loins

Close the thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                              Great thread bud. Mine was without a doubt, the T-bones me and my dad enjoyed over a mesquite fire in the middle of nowhere on our lease in Zapata county. He’s been gone 9 years now and I still can’t hardly talk about him without getting choked up.

I’m in no hurry but can’t wait to throw some steaks on the grill with him again some day.

That is so Awesome. I still hunt with my 83 year old Dad and appreciate every minute I am with him. I am a Very Lucky Man.
                              Last edited by lilavidhunter; 01-17-2020, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X