Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does your boss or company give Christmas bonuses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never have.

Current job you get a percentage based on company profits. This year they paid 7.5%. they don't give cash though. They give company stock in our retirement accounts. Timing just happens to be around Christmas because of when the fiscal year ends.

Previous job was percentage based on companies profits but paid out in mid March. Best I saw was 20%.

Comment

Yes and they have always been good to me. In my industry it is not very common and I am always very appreciative. I make it a point to shake the owners hand and tell him how much my family appreciates it every year.

Comment

Does a severance package count? Mill I work for is shutting down. With that being said, the package is considered a gift so it will be taxed 47% from what I understand.

Comment

No Xmas bonus. But, nice parties. Normally receive our yearly bonus around April. The last few have been around 10% of our gross income for the year.

Comment

We handed out a lot of Christmas bonuses this week, makes me feel good to be able to give employees something that really helps them this time of year, without them we would be nothing.

Comment

We get a small Christmas bonus and the company also gives out profit sharing twice a year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                I just bought the 4 sergeants that work for me gift cards to Spec's Liquors.

And when I got assigned to this job I gave up my parking spot to the Homicide Unit employee of the month. Other than that... Government jobs suck for bonuses.

This is how a leader leads

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                  We handed out a lot of Christmas bonuses this week, makes me feel good to be able to give employees something that really helps them this time of year, without them we would be nothing.
                  That is so nice to hear an employer say.

On a side note: I'm hoping to open up a restaurant as you did. Not the same type but a restaurant nonetheless. With the right location, planning, and employees, it's got to be a success.

Comment

I work for myself now so...I might give myself a pat on back. But probably not��

Comment

This thread just makes me appreciate my job and the men I work for even more, although I am already appreciative everyday I get to walk in the door and go to work for them. We do receive bonuses. They are not “Christmas” bonuses, but are profit sharing bonuses based on performance and how the year went. I’ve received as much as 40% of my annual salary and as little as 15% of my annual salary. Even though I have received one every year for a long time, I still do not expect one. I hope for one and it pushes me hard throughout the year as my incentive to make things happen and get things done to make the company as much money as possible. We have around 150 employees.

Comment

The company I work for used to give you a frozen turkey for Christmas. Several years ago they changed it to a $20 off HEB coupon for a turkey, ham or produce.

I also get two pay increases a year which amount to just over a dollar/hour. On top of that I also receive two bonuses that are about $11K before taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by Preacher Man View Post
                          I work for myself now so...I might give myself a pat on back. But probably not��
                          X2, my guys get a little bonus and I get notta... part of ownership.

Comment

We got $1000 the last few years. Dropped to $500 this year, but we got substantial raises. I’m a teacher, and our district still doesn’t pay as much as some others, but we’re reasonably well compensated considering that the profession as a whole is underpaid

Comment

No

Comment

Got a one year subscription to the Jelly of the Month club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X