No announcement yet.

Battery powered impacts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got finished using a Milwaukee 1/2" drive 18v here in the shop. We've had it for 5-6 years with no problems.

Comment

My Ryobi 1/2 inch will do anything I can do with my shop air gun. It will twist out of your hand if you are not holding on tight with sticky nuts or long screws. It has plenty of torque to trust the heads off of screws if you over tighten.

Comment

Putting together a Mueller bolt up building right now. Wouldn’t take for the Milwaukee impact right now!! This new fuel series are some work horses!

Comment

I have the Dewalt 20v 1/4" and 1/2"

Comment

I have a 20v Dewalt 1/2" drive and love it. Changing tires will never be the same.

I got dad the Milwaukee and it puts mine to shame. Seen a couple 18 wheeler drivers using them to swap tires. I don't see a need in that much power for what I use it for though.

Comment

If cost is not a major issue, I would probably get the Milwaukee. Used at work and it is great. Since I couldn't justify spending that much, I get a Craftsman with the C3 battery. It has good power and I use it quite a bit. I really can't complain about it , but don't know how it would compare to a Dewault.

Comment

My son got me a 3/8 Earthquake from HF around 6 months ago. It has been great so far - normal homeowner and light automotive type tasks...

Comment

I run 20v Dewalt tools for my business. The other day on the way to pick up some Krivoman blinds I had a trailer tire come apart. Pulled the front axle up on a make shift ramp, changed the tire and back on the road in about 7 minutes. 1/2" drive has 330ft/lbs of torque.

Gary

Comment

I have the 1400 ft/lb (nut busting) 1200 ft/lb tightening Milwaukee. Makes quick work of the nuts when changing blades on the bush hog

sorry, 1000 ft/lb fastening
                    Last edited by abilliott; 08-28-2019, 01:24 PM. Reason: error

Comment

I have a Milwaukee from work and that thing is bad. Gonna pick one up for home use.

Comment

We use the Milwaukee 1/2 inch on our vessel. We use it to remove 15/16 x 3 inch bolts securing our liquid cargo tanks. The impact is a freaking beast and lasts all day. The best thing is the battery will give you all its torque until the battery is 100% dead.

Comment

Ryobi 1/2 inch. Cheap and does the job.

Comment

I have been using 18 volt Dewalt for the last 15 or so years both at work and home. When I was still on my tools as a millwright I abused them pretty bad and they still worked. I have air impacts in my shop and rarely use them, I keep one on my work bench and one in my truck till box. I would imagine the 20 volt are just sd good.

Comment

They are awesome. Love mine.

Comment

This is the only unanimous thread I have ever seen on TBH.

Comment

Working...
                                X