Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 08-18-2019, 01:29 AM   #1
pilar
Ten Point

Hunt In: Sisterdale and el dorado , Jeff Davis, refugio/sinton
Default Rant truck shopping, dodge,ford, Chevy

This truck shopping is such a huge headache and time consuming

I called all my dealerships and gave them my, budget, necessary options and must haves.

First stop was ford, ď yes we have that truck, in your budget and color come on over ď
Truck comes out and I am thinking ď wow kinda fancy for a work truck ď
So I asked the sales guy ď are you positive the truck meets the check list as I donít want to waste our time ď ď oh yes sir ď so off we go on a test ride ď nice F350 xlt and I like it ď get back to the dealership and sales man disappears in to the smoked glass office, and out pops some slicked down sales manager with my PO , telling me all these fabulous discounts I got and how lucky I am , ect!
And he will rush over the financial services manager, hands me the PO and itís
$21000 over the budget I am not very happy and they explained that chrome, wheels , bumper, ect that I donít want ď and am replacing with ranch hand ď will be loaded up in the truck and I can get good money selling it all to a body shop or on the internet or I can save it all in my garage and have it put back on when I decide to sell it or trade it later
I politely declined

Off to the ram fleet dealer manager, I recovered my , needs, and budget with her and she sent over a sales guy, and i re recovered my needs and budget, he brings out a very nice looking ram 2500 6.7 , and off we go on a test drive ď powerful truck with a not so good interior ( no power seats and a tiny radio/ backup camera, and terrible instruments panel) but price is right, so back at the dealership I am giving it the once over before writing the check $46975 + TTL
I notice it has no trailer hitch or wiring, and no gooseneck hitch ( itís a 900 lbs of torque diesel truck with no way to tow unless I want to upgrade with more options = more money) and it has the smallest fuel cell they make also.
So itís a no deal sales guy does tell me in a couple of weeks he can deliver a truck that meets my requirements @ approximately the same price and get me a ranch hand front guard for a couple hundred bucks if I donít mind that it comes off a trade in. But must sign a PO today ď maybe but call me when you can get one with a tow package and a 34 gallon fuel cell ď
I leave wondering who would buy a $50000 diesel incapable of towing any type of trailer? And why stock and pay inventory on one ď maybe some people buy them to just be a grocery getter or mall crawlers ď

Now final stop next door at Chevy, they have a duramax, but in a LTZ trim, but itís slightly out of my price zone and not in a color I want ( black with black interior) lots of Crome, leather ect. They can get me a WT or LT trim in a couple of weeks, but canít offer any discounts or incentives pushing it out of my price comfort zone

Sorry for the rant but I feel exhausted, defeated and frustrated ď the wife is gloating that I should have just used our usaa car buying service ď
Now I just hope I can just stand the 100+ marketing calls I will get from these dealerships on ď how can we earn your business and close these dealsĒ
pilar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-18-2019, 02:14 AM   #2
Bumpy
Ten Point

You can buy my 2011 Ford F-250 Lariat
Bumpy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-18-2019, 02:25 AM   #3
txwhitetail
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Irion Co

Mine is an f250 front end ranch hand replacement, gooseneck package, spray in bed liner, xlt premium package and sub $50k.

Keep looking around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
txwhitetail is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-18-2019, 05:16 AM   #4
Rick
Ten Point

Hunt In: Junction

I think one reason I keep vehicles so long is how bad I hate shopping for one so bad....lol
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-18-2019, 06:20 AM   #5
12RingKing
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The Grocery Store...

Now that you have driven each truck.

Don’t waste your time going in to the dealers anymore. Do all your negotiating online. It’s much easier and usually pain free.

Don’t go there until you get the deal in writing in a buyers invoice. Bid dealers against each other by seeing if they can beat the lowest price you get on the buyers invoice.

Found and found you go. You’ll save quite a bit this way
12RingKing is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-18-2019, 06:54 AM   #6
Texas8point
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Buffalo and Juno, Texas

I just went through this. Spent countless hours at 6 or 7 different dealership.
I found the truck I wanted for the price I wanted to pay and then shopped each dealership for the most add-ons. It took a couple of months but I bought one.
Buying a new truck takes the fun out of having a new truck.
Texas8point is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-18-2019, 07:10 AM   #7
silentstalker92
Eight Point

Hunt In: votaw

Try going to cargurus.com. they post some awesome deals on some awesome trucks

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
silentstalker92 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-18-2019, 07:41 AM   #8
kry226
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hall County

If you have the time, figure out exactly what you want and special order it. The way they kits trucks out these days drives me crazy. AND you can still get a good deal on a special order. Back in March, I got out the door (including TT&L) for about $5k under sticker on a special order 2019 F250. It was at the dealer in five weeks.
kry226 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-18-2019, 07:51 AM   #9
30-30
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hopkins County

There are plenty of shops that will install hitches, wiring, and camera upgrades cheaper than the dealer will. The Dodge deal didnít sound too bad.

Ford showing you a truck at $21k over your budget is chicken crap.
30-30 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-18-2019, 08:03 AM   #10
Pedernal
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Amistad

Get with Tony Gonsalez on TBH he can probably get you what you are looking for. With 2020 models fixing to take up the showrooms soon you should be able to find a deal on a 19.
Pedernal is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-18-2019, 08:11 AM   #11
bakin7005
Ten Point

Hunt In: Oklahoma / San Saba Co.

Bought mine off the inter-webs. Auto Trader. Compared all prices from the different dealerships on there comparing apple's to apples. Only set foot on the dealership to sign the papers and pick it up. Worked well for me. Heck I think some will even e-sign then deliver it to your house.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Last edited by bakin7005; 08-18-2019 at 08:14 AM.
bakin7005 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-18-2019, 08:27 AM   #12
Snowflake Killa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Texas

I have a salesman in Madisonville that I've been using for years. I get a price from him check his price and he is always cheaper. And there all to expensive just the price of doing business

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Snowflake Killa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-18-2019, 08:35 AM   #13
HoustonR6ryda
Ten Point

Hunt In: the woods

I had a good experience at Carmax with State Farm Bank financing. I drove my 1999 GMC Sierra finally started having engine issues, it will run right now with AC, I believe my head gasket is leaking as never seen before sludge is in the my oil. Last month I bought 2018 Sierra SLT new to me. I have always hated the buying experience but this went smooth. New truck prices are insane,good luck.
HoustonR6ryda is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-18-2019, 08:43 AM   #14
Iehooligan11b
Ten Point

I just used Usaa car buying service to get my wife a new car after hers got totaled last month. I will say that was the most painless car buying experience I’ve had.
Iehooligan11b is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-18-2019, 09:10 AM   #15
Big pig
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Goliad and Leon Co.

Mac Haik was the easiest ever on my new crew cab
Went on July 5 and it wasn’t busy.
Salesman Jason Chan.

BP
Big pig is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-18-2019, 09:12 AM   #16
Kingfisher789
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tivydale. Nix. Brownwood

Have you tried Lawrence Marshall for a work truck?
Kingfisher789 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-18-2019, 09:17 AM   #17
Quackerbox
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
Ummmmm

They closed the doors like 10 years ago

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Quackerbox is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-18-2019, 09:21 AM   #18
Radar
Pope & Young

The dodge truck sounded like an ok deal, too bad about the fuel tank.
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-18-2019, 09:25 AM   #19
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Going truck (or car) shopping ready to buy with your check book is about the same as going to a brothel drunk with no protection. You're bound to get screwed and come out with something you didn't count on.
RiverRat1 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-18-2019, 09:26 AM   #20
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
The dodge truck sounded like an ok deal, too bad about the fuel tank.
I'd wager if he just walked in to a dealership and they gave him numbers then it was NOT a good deal. They never just come out with a good deal.
Old 08-18-2019, 09:42 AM   #21
pilar
Ten Point

Quote:
I wish they were still open , I bought 5 different trucks from them , all on a phone call deal, and they delivered them from Hempstead to boerne
And I never felt like I was scammed
Old 08-18-2019, 09:46 AM   #22
Radar
Pope & Young

I am surprised with all the dealers near Boerne that you cant find what you want. Gunn fleet sales did not have anything?

There is no deal on any new vehicle purchase, just trying to find one that does not leave you real sore is hard to find.
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-18-2019, 09:58 AM   #23
txtrophy85
Ten Point

Hunt In: All over the World

If you went to Ford of Boerne, that's not surprising....sounds like they just changed the name from Jennings Anderson and left everything else in place. No one ever got a deal there, not even the GM's mother. I cannot stand that dealerships sales department, but their service department is awesome.

I bought my truck from Mack Haik Southway and got a pretty good deal, although I was looking for a more well appointed truck than you sound like....still, for a loaded lariat truck I paid less than $10k more than what you are about to write a check for.

I buy from Cavender every other year or so and love the people over there, but I couldn't bring myself to buy a Duramax.

Give Grande ford or Mack Haik a call and see what their fleet sales can do for you.

If you want a Dodge, I've heard good things about Atascosa dodge in Pleasanton as my buddy buys his from there.....I would imagine for $46k you can get a more loaded truck than what you described.

My buddy just bought a mid level dodge 2500 4x4 with a screen, power seats, windows, etc. for about what they quoted you.
txtrophy85 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-18-2019, 10:06 AM   #24
stickemhard3
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mont. County and Anderson County

I would recommend doing your homework and go on the offensive. Tell them what truck you want, what price, and know what that truck package will look like. If they come out with an upsale, walk out and be blunt with the salesman about him wasting your time. If you let them dictate the pace, you’ll get hosed. Also, know that you should get anywhere from 6-10k off sticker. If the truck you are looking at isn’t in that range to get to your magic number,, your chances of reaching a deal are slim. Best deals I’ve seen happen over months, not weeks. A good salesman will sense impatience and capitalize. I walked away without a deal 3x on my truck.
stickemhard3 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-18-2019, 10:18 AM   #25
ccrock
Nubbin' Buck

Hunt In: Val Verde County

Contact Jeramy at Holiday Auto Group in WhitesboroTX.
You will want to look at their inventory to see the truck that fits your needs.

Holidayautogroup on the Internet

I bought mine from them and it was the best deal. They even delivered to Midland from Whitesboro at no charge.

Tell him Chris Crockett sent you.
ccrock is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-18-2019, 10:26 AM   #26
pilar
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtrophy85 View Post
If you went to Ford of Boerne, that's not surprising....sounds like they just changed the name from Jennings Anderson and left everything else in place. No one ever got a deal there, not even the GM's mother. I cannot stand that dealerships sales department, but their service department is awesome.

I bought my truck from Mack Haik Southway and got a pretty good deal, although I was looking for a more well appointed truck than you sound like....still, for a loaded lariat truck I paid less than $10k more than what you are about to write a check for.

I buy from Cavender every other year or so and love the people over there, but I couldn't bring myself to buy a Duramax.

Give Grande ford or Mack Haik a call and see what their fleet sales can do for you.

If you want a Dodge, I've heard good things about Atascosa dodge in Pleasanton as my buddy buys his from there.....I would imagine for $46k you can get a more loaded truck than what you described.

My buddy just bought a mid level dodge 2500 4x4 with a screen, power seats, windows, etc. for about what they quoted you.
Yep I made a huge mistake going to ford of boerne, they may have changed their name, but didnít change management/ sales team tactics ( I should have just turned around when I saw their sales special $99995 + TTL truck out front)
Boerne probably is not the best place to shop for a truck , with all the high end dealerships ( porche , Range Rover, Mercedes, Ferrari . All in a clump )

Time to step back and remember ď pigs go to market and hogs get slaughtered ď
Old 08-18-2019, 10:43 AM   #27
Ryanm
Four Point

Hunt In: Nacogdoches, Michigan

I bought our last two vehicles off the net. Almost all the dealerships have their vehicles listed on their websites the minute they hit the ground. Find one you like and agree on the price before you head to the dealership. They still try to play some tricks, but it's easier to identify from the comfort of home/office.

I saved probably $5k each on the two purchases this way. Dealerships know the game and come in with their bottom dollar to pull people into the show room.
Ryanm is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-18-2019, 10:46 AM   #28
hopedale
Ten Point

Hunt In: WMAs

Man, I can not endorse the Car Pro Jerry Renold's Car Pro VIP program enough.

For those that don't know, Jerry Renolds host a syndicated radio show about vehicles.

Jerry used to own several car dealerships and on his show offers a lot of in sight into the industry.

One of the things he's done to promote his show is search out Dealerships to endorse. He does not take one nickle from them. His requirement for a Dealership to be listed is treat the Customer (his listner) like a VIP. No games and no BS.

I've used this program twice and its been awesome.

Let me define awesome. We purchased a new 2017 Camry. I did my research on-line on what that car should cost out the door. We filed out the VIP pass and got an email from the Dealership with the out the door price. It was better than what I had calculated.

Went to the Dealership, test drove the car, and signed the paperwork. It was the best experience I've ever had when buying a new vehicle.

https://www.carprousa.com/

The VIP program cost you nothing. Again, Jerry does this for his Customers.

And if you have trouble with one of his endorsed Dealerships. Let him and the General Manager of that Dealership know about your experience.

The second vehicle I got same deal. Price was great. Had an issue outside of the Dearlship's 7 day warranty policy. The master cylinder went out. Asked the Dealership to work with me given the purchase had just completed. The initial answer was no, so I got my new to me SUV to my auto-repair shop. Wrote the CarPro about the experience and included the Dealership's GM. I got a call the next day and the GM asked me to send him the bill. They had a check to re-reimburse me for my repair.

Not going to mention that Dealership's name, but I checked. They are no longer endorsed which is what Jerry does if he hear of to many complaints. He ensures that they meet his standards on treating his Listeners right.

BTW, you could send him a message on Facebook about what you're looking to do. He will reply with some info on what you should expect. He is fair to his endorsed Dealers. He knows what is going on in the industry, the market, and he doesn't expect them to give their vehicles away.

The other day (at least in my mind) he was taking about Hyundai's new SUV. a Listener called in and explained they couldn't find any deals. Jerry explained that the SUV is to new and a hot item. Dealerships can't keep them on the lot. He recommended another SUV or just wait. He pointed out that in time the novelty will wear off and not only will you find deals you'll see incentives.

Again, his point is that the vehicle is just to hot right now.

Sorry for the long read, but I'm telling you, I think you'll benefit from the Car Pro's VIP program.
hopedale is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-18-2019, 10:47 AM   #29
Drycreek3189
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Cherokee, Rusk, Trinity Counties

Establish a good relationship with a trusted dealer. Buy Ford. Works for me.

Did I mention buy Ford ?
Drycreek3189 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-18-2019, 10:55 AM   #30
James
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kinney County, Kansas and Out West

I love Truck shopping and negotiating best deal. Tons of online one simple best price. Do your research, find one you love online then make the dealership of your choice beat it for your business.
Bought a new truck this past January and was communicating with 4 dealerships at once through email and text. I got a local dealership in San Antonio to beat an online price in Dallas and a trade in offer I got from Bastrop all via text pics. Technology is an amazing advantage in truck buying these days.
James is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-18-2019, 11:30 AM   #31
JTRichardson
Ten Point

Hunt In: east texas, in your stand when you aint there :)

Went through almost the same thing in January when I was looking to buy a truck.

The ford dealership had a truck online that I wanted at 29.5 - called them and asked if they had it, they said ďyeah, come on downĒ

I get there and talk to them about it, take a test drive, said letís talk numbers... thatís where everything went terribly wrong.

First they wouldnít evaluate my trade in without first seeing the pay off amount from my current finance company, wouldnít even look at it.

So I said letís forget the trade in, Iíll sell the car on my own. Let talk about the truck, lady says ok let me go talk to my manager to get the paperwork drawn up. She comes back twenty minutes later with their best offer of 37.9k!!

I said ďthis truck is online, right here (showed them my phone with the ad) is 29.5? Whatís going on hereĒ

Her response - ďoh Iím sorry, we donít check the website for deals on a daily basis and that ad isnít valid...Ē

Needless to say I walked out and they proceeded to call and text and bug me for two weeks and finally said ďwe will give you what you want, except the lowest we can go on the truck is 34.7K... and you have to put X amount down, have a credit score of *** AND you have to finance through usĒ

So, all things said - I will never shop at Tomball ford or give them a chance to earn my business. I know that will literally affect them in no way whatsoever, but I took it personally lol

I ended up going to DeMontrond dodge a few weeks later just to look at what they had, drove off three hours later in a 2018 lone star edition ram 1500.

They wanted to sell the truck ya know? Gave me the price I wanted and 2k over what my trade in was worth without any hassle.

Driven ford trucks most of my life but Iím only loyal to my bank account, so this round was won by a Ram truck.

To be honest, at this point in the game, theyíre all roughly the same.

Good luck with your search my friend. I hate the buying process when it comes to a new vehicle.
JTRichardson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-18-2019, 12:09 PM   #32
BDann
Eight Point

Hunt In: Kansas, all over Texas

Pm sent
BDann is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-18-2019, 12:30 PM   #33
Abcdj
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas

I'd rather be kicked in the crotch than car shop.
Abcdj is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-18-2019, 01:08 PM   #34
scott123456789
Ten Point

Hunt In: Lone Camp, TX

Spend a bit of time searching dealer inventory and find a dealer stock number that meets your needs then through the online chat ask what’s your best price on stock number 7186 etc. Online sales guys know they have to give you a decent price to get your attention. Then negotiate from there.
scott123456789 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-18-2019, 04:05 PM   #35
txtrophy85
Ten Point

Hunt In: All over the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilar View Post
Yep I made a huge mistake going to ford of boerne, they may have changed their name, but didnít change management/ sales team tactics ( I should have just turned around when I saw their sales special $99995 + TTL truck out front)
Boerne probably is not the best place to shop for a truck , with all the high end dealerships ( porche , Range Rover, Mercedes, Ferrari . All in a clump )

Time to step back and remember ď pigs go to market and hogs get slaughtered ď
Cavender Chevy is one of the best dealerships I've ever been to. If they sold Fords I would never buy a truck from anyone else again.

Car shopping is like fishing, hunting, golf, sex, etc.....

Some people are good at it, some people aren't. The people who always complain about vehicle shopping are the ones who obviously aren't good at it.

Do your research, most of it online. Look at websites like KBB and Truecar, other dealership websites, and get a REALISTIC idea of what is the going rate for the type of vehicle you are looking for.

use the phone to do a lot of your first contact sales meetings. you can tell pretty quick over the phone if the guy is a straight shooter, unknowledgeable or a slick willie type.

If your in the position to be able to stroke a $46k check I won't lecture you on the ins and outs of the sales game as you already know how business works, but I would start calling dealerships tomorrow and see what you can find.

Again, Try Grande Ford, Mac Haik Southway and Atascosa Dodge.

Dealerships I would avoid would be Northside Ford, Jordan Ford, Jennings Anderson's New Ford of Boerne ( For the rest of your life and please warn your grand children )

I've had some luck with Bluebonnet Ford in New Braunfels as well.
txtrophy85 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-18-2019, 04:31 PM   #36
Acameron52
Ten Point

Hunt In: Coleman & Loving

Online brother, online Do all your shopping there and don’t spend any time at a dealership.
Acameron52 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-18-2019, 05:01 PM   #37
hooligan
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling Co.

It’s a drive for you but Carlos Hernandez at Five Star Ford in North Richland Hills will take care if you. Let him know the Knights sent you. He’s sold my family about 5 vehicles and is one of the only car people I trust

If you want Chevy, Tony G at Moritz (site sponsor thanks to Tony) will treat you right. We went to him with our out the door budget and our must haves for my wife and drove out of there with a brand new car for her that was exactly what we expected to pay for a used. Great guy and shop to deal with
hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-18-2019, 05:11 PM   #38
Heath
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Cool places with Cool people

Thatís weird, I had a great truck buying experience at Ford of Boerne a few months ago.
Heath is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-18-2019, 05:31 PM   #39
MacDaddy67
Ten Point

Did this a little yesterday.....

It was too **** hot ...got mad and went home...

It's all online from here out for me...
MacDaddy67 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-18-2019, 05:41 PM   #40
grizzman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas and Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iehooligan11b View Post
I just used Usaa car buying service to get my wife a new car after hers got totaled last month. I will say that was the most painless car buying experience Iíve had.
This. The deal used to be $115 above invoice as I remember. Decide what you want with the invoice price for the options you want. Bought a couple of vehicles like this in the 90s. Surprisingly, I went to a couple of dealers that were listed as participating that tried to jack the price up even after I told them I had the invoice price.
grizzman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-18-2019, 05:49 PM   #41
Kingfisher789
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tivydale. Nix. Brownwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackerbox View Post
Ummmmm

They closed the doors like 10 years ago

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
My bad! It was a Lawerence Hall-Abilene ad I recalled. ;(
Kingfisher789 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-18-2019, 06:56 PM   #42
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopedale View Post

For those that don't know, Jerry Renolds host a syndicated radio show about vehicles.

Jerry used to own several car dealerships and on his show offers a lot of in sight into the industry.

One of the things he's done to promote his show is search out Dealerships to endorse. He does not take one nickle from them. His requirement for a Dealership to be listed is treat the Customer (his listner) like a VIP. No games and no BS.

Let me define awesome. We purchased a new 2017 Camry. I did my research on-line on what that car should cost out the door. We filed out the VIP pass and got an email from the Dealership with the out the door price. It was better than what I had calculated.

Went to the Dealership, test drove the car, and signed the paperwork. It was the best experience I've ever had when buying a new vehicle.

And if you have trouble with one of his endorsed Dealerships. Let him and the General Manager of that Dealership know about your experience.

The second vehicle I got same deal. Price was great. Had an issue outside of the Dearlship's 7 day warranty policy. The master cylinder went out. Asked the Dealership to work with me given the purchase had just completed. The initial answer was no, so I got my new to me SUV to my auto-repair shop. Wrote the CarPro about the experience and included the Dealership's GM. I got a call the next day and the GM asked me to send him the bill. They had a check to re-reimburse me for my repair.

Not going to mention that Dealership's name, but I checked. They are no longer endorsed which is what Jerry does if he hear of to many complaints. He ensures that they meet his standards on treating his Listeners right.

BTW, you could send him a message on Facebook about what you're looking to do. He will reply with some info on what you should expect. He is fair to his endorsed Dealers. He knows what is going on in the industry, the market, and he doesn't expect them to give their vehicles away.

The other day (at least in my mind) he was taking about Hyundai's new SUV. a Listener called in and explained they couldn't find any deals. Jerry explained that the SUV is to new and a hot item. Dealerships can't keep them on the lot. He recommended another SUV or just wait. He pointed out that in time the novelty will wear off and not only will you find deals you'll see incentives.

Sorry for the long read, but I'm telling you, I think you'll benefit from the Car Pro's VIP program.
First thing I saw was they have Charles Maund Toyota as a certified dealer. Makes me skeptical. I still may fill out the stuff and see what kind of quote I get.
Old 08-18-2019, 07:00 PM   #43
DaveC
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Menard & Kinney County

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopedale View Post

We used the VIP deal for our last purchase, It went rather smoothly and they didnít push the financial office stuff much at all.

I do feel there was a little meat left on the bone, but trying to chew it off wasnít worth the effort- and I realize dealerships donít keep the doors open by giving vehicles away.

I plan on using it again for my next purchase.

DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-19-2019, 12:51 PM   #44
pilar
Ten Point

Default Found a used 2500 ram $55000

My older retired buddy, I was talking with him about this PIA with dealerships
And he tells me he would sell me his 2018 ram bighorn, 6.7 for $55000 or what he owes the bank . As he doesnít drive it much , in two years he drove 7000 miles, sounds like a good deal, it has a long bed 8ft and I really donít want another land barge , be I guess I could figure it out, it would be a PIA to get in a handicap parking spot and down town hospital parking garage

Kbb says it is slightly overpriced
Attached Images

Last edited by pilar; 08-19-2019 at 01:10 PM.
Old 08-19-2019, 03:39 PM   #45
DaveC
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Menard & Kinney County

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilar View Post
My older retired buddy, I was talking with him about this PIA with dealerships

And he tells me he would sell me his 2018 ram bighorn, 6.7 for $55000 or what he owes the bank . As he doesnít drive it much , in two years he drove 7000 miles, sounds like a good deal, it has a long bed 8ft and I really donít want another land barge , be I guess I could figure it out, it would be a PIA to get in a handicap parking spot and down town hospital parking garage

Kbb says it is slightly overpriced

Unless Iím missing it, the KBB you posted was for a Laramie (leather seats and a bunch of bells and whistles).
You friend is selling a Bighorn edition which has fewer factory included upgrades.

Meaning the truck you are looking at has a street value of Id guess $2000-4k less than a Laramie.

DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-19-2019, 04:01 PM   #46
CaptainDave
Ten Point

Truck shopping in general just sucks. Bought the wife an Audi last year and was amazed at the buying experience as most of my previous vehicle purchases had been trucks. We explored 3 dealerships and all had about the same thing to say. Not much BS, standard % off sticker, that's it. Also, there was almost no inventory on the lots, so you built the vehicle to order and selected all options.

Truck shopping on the other hand, is full of smoke and mirrors. Inflated sticker prices, dealer discounts, manufacturer rebates that come and go, etc. Lot's of inventory on the lots so they can play around with tacking on unneeded options or whatever. It's customary to get several thousand off sticker price so it's tough to gauge how good a deal is without significant research.
CaptainDave is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2019, 03:21 PM   #47
pilar
Ten Point

Well it was inevitable ford of boerne, calls me and asked “ how can Get you to close on that F350 “ and I was like “ get me a fair price “ “ well I can knock it down by discount this and that and such and such to bring us back to close to your Original PO “ my only reply was “ you could have done that from the start and sold it then And also saved me a wasted trip call me back when you can honor your written deal on my PO “

Last edited by pilar; 08-20-2019 at 03:25 PM.
Old 08-20-2019, 04:17 PM   #48
cjk349
Spike

Hunt In: Karnes and Val Verde Counties, Colorado

Ram has the best value as far as diesels go right now. Ford is way too proud of their product and most of the salesman are ignorant.
cjk349 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-20-2019, 04:36 PM   #49
pilar
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjk349 View Post
Ram has the best value as far as diesels go right now. Ford is way too proud of their product and most of the salesman are ignorant.
Yep I was talking with a hot shot driver making a run he was very pleased with his single cab 4500 ram
Old 08-20-2019, 04:49 PM   #50
captainsling
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Dilley, Texas

Quote:
Been a while since you bought a truck? Been out of business for at least a decade.
captainsling is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top