My first deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first deer

What a cool weekend. My brother in law and myself ran up to Victoria this weekend to do some bow hunting. This is my first year hunting, and have been lucky enough to have 2 guys, who are really becoming good friends, teach me as much as they could over the last year. Saturday evening, I had a group come in at 6:15. I watched them for a little while and they all got to around 25 yards out. I started to draw back, and mid draw the bow made a little noise and up they looked right at me. They stared for a minute (while I'm still half drawn at 68lbs lol) and finally looked down again. I finished drawing back, aimed, and let the arrow fly. The arrow hit and stuck in her, and she ran off spewing blood. After I sent about 10 text messages to Derek and waited it out a little while, I walked around trying to find some blood. Didnt see any, so walked back and waited for him to get to me. We waited about another hour, the went back over to check it out. At this point it was dark, but I did have a lighted nock, so we were also looking for the nock. Found it! Walked over, and it was just the arrow, stock in the ground broadhead down, nock in the air. From there we found blood and started tracking. Ended up finding her 250 yards from where I shot her (about 100 of which was hands and knees through tobacco weeds) at 11:15 pm. We saw that deer and all of the adrenaline was back! She wasnt a monster, but was a good size deer, and I have quite a bit of meat! I tried to upload a photo, but it isn't working right now.

I'm 30 years old, and never thought I would get the opportunity to do this. Now I'm hooked! I cant thank Derek and Mike enough for all that they have taught me, and continue to do so! I know this was long, but I'm still excited. If you made it this far, thanks for reading! Now, to find a buck!

Congrats and in for pics

Comment

Congrats on you first deer and to finding the passion of bow hunting

Comment

Very cool you'll always remember your first.

Comment

Waydago!,

Comment

That's awesome. I shot my first deer last year and it was a great accomplishment. Congrats to you

Comment

Yep, your hooked. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations! Welcome to our addiction.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

You did good!

Comment

Congratulations to you Sir and Kudos to your buddies!! That's what makes it so much fun... Hope you are able to get many more and then have the opportunity to pass it on too!!

Comment

Congrats never too late to start.

Comment

Awesome bud, congrats! Welcome to The Addiction!

Comment

Congrats & hope it is the 1st of many!!

Comment

Congrats! Sounds like your hooked

Comment

Working...
                              X