Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i've always like benchamde

Comment

Outdoor edge razor lite for skinning/quartering and Bubba Blade 7” taper flex filet knife for deboning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm a knife snob & have customs but use only 3-4...I have to skin all my animals after being in the cooler & a harder vs warm. The one tool most useful is simply one of those utility razor tools but buy a pack of those curved hook / carpet blades. Helps get all the skinning started around the legs / underarm or what not started. I also use it to cut the belly to dump the guts. Gotta use your finger as the gut guard so don't poke yourself, & works great.

Comment

Knife recommendations

This

Paired with these
          Purchases of Havalon Bulk Blade Boxes can be no more than 3 boxes per transaction at this time. If you are a taxidermist or outfitter and need to buy more than this, please contact our sales manager (mcooper@havalon.com) to set up an account.

With our 60XT™ blade, we’ve taken surgical precision to a whole new level. The 60XT™ is incredibly sharp and has an edge that’s able to endure countless skinning and field dressing of any kind of wild game. Due to its unmatched superiority, it’s easy to see why the 60XT™ is one of our most popular blades.

$43 for handle and 100 blades

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

If you're a Savage guy, get a replaceable blade like the Havalon. Does the job.

If you're a Remington/Winchester guy, get a big folder off the shelf.

If you're a Kimber/Cooper/Sako/Custom guy, get a custom.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post
              If you're a Savage guy, get a replaceable blade like the Havalon. Does the job.

If you're a Remington/Winchester guy, get a big folder off the shelf.

If you're a Kimber/Cooper/Sako/Custom guy, get a custom.

Lolol well done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm happy with my Case Ridgeback knives. I have a couple with the rosewood handle that is now discontinued unfortunately. I have a couple of customs but they don't hold the edge as long as the off the shelf Case knifes.

Comment

Havalon and start going gutless

Comment

Got tired of junk knives that wouldn't get thru a whole animal without re sharpening or changing blades so I made me one to my own specs.
                    [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b-squ4SEZA"]26c3 steel knife testing - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2Tr28tDm5M"]Testing 2 Dragoons made from swedish 26C3 steel. - YouTube[/ame]
                    Last edited by muzzlebrake; 10-21-2019, 06:03 AM.

Comment

I like the HYDE snap blade ..For skinning thin skinned esp deer..there super sharp /adjustable cut depth...Gets dull break odd segment and you sharp and goin again.
                      The smaller one is will fit in shirt pocket..The next size up will but bigger..

They will rust and are sticky after doi'n a Deer ..Take apart wash up dry and they ready to go again..once you use up all the segments slip
                      in a new blade and off you go...

Sher Will carries them and Amazon of course.and refills...You can buy some no name for <.99c here and there but there Quality sux...

I'm not really a cheap skate ..I own Buck/Case/Cutco/Gerber/Russel///and a couple custom..There all great and get use ...for Deer and hogs but that little HYDE us a skinning dude

Comment

I started using the iron will knife this year. In previous years I had been using the replaceable blade knives. There is a huge difference using a good fixed blade made from quality steel versus the replaceable blades. I’ll never go back to a replaceable.

Comment

Working...
                        X