22WMR / 22 Mag Rifle Reviews Needed!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

22WMR / 22 Mag Rifle Reviews Needed!!

I'm in the market for a semi-auto 22WMR rifle or pistol to carry in my jeep at the lease, so I'm turning to TBH real world reviews of any 22 WMR. I kind of have my eye on the following guns:

Kel-Tec CMR-30
    Kel-Tec PMR-30 (this is the pistol version and I heard it kicks like a 357 mag)
    CZ 512 - the American or Tactical
    Henry "Small Game" Carbine lever action
    Or really any flavor 22 mag in all honesty, I'm not married to these listed

The PMR-30 is awesome. It doesn't recoil bad but it is loud as heck. You'd want to step out of that jeep before shooting it I guarantee you. Empty 30 rounds sitting inside where it echoes and you'll.....need hearing aids.

I don't know about the CMR-30. I know a guy that has one but I don't have any experience with it personally.
    Last edited by okrattler; 10-10-2019, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
      The PMR-30 is awesome. It doesn't recoil bad but it is loud as heck. You'd want to step out of that jeep before shooting it I guarantee you. Empty 30 rounds sitting inside where it echoes and you'll.....need hearing aids.
      Ahhh.. Maybe that's what it was that I'd heard then, it's loud not the recoil

Comment

Also interested in the Savage A22 or maybe even one of the Magnum Research models

KY Gun Co is your one-stop online shop with the lowest prices for firearms, ammunition, accessories, parts, and outdoor essentials. We ship fast and easy around the country from our home locations in Kentucky, and are always ready to help.

Comment

I love my PMR30.

Agree with the guy above...kick isn’t that bad. Bounces a little....but my girls shoot it fine.

I have a Savage rifle. Not super expense and good out of the box

Comment

I’ve been looking myself for the same caliber but then saw Savage is making a semi-auto in 17hmr. A17 is the model, watched several reviews and no complaints. Will out perform the .22mag as well.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post

Agreed. Sweet little gun though. Light, and you don't even knows its there when carrying on the hip.

Comment

The Henry lever gun is a nice one...

Comment

I have the Henry pump . Fun little gun to shoot

Comment

The cz honestly will be the best shooter out of the bunch listed. The Savage bolt guns shoot really good as well. If set on something for a quick follow up shot the Henry or a little Winchester lever gun would be my pick over a semi.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                      The cz honestly will be the best shooter out of the bunch listed. The Savage bolt guns shoot really good as well. If set on something for a quick follow up shot the Henry or a little Winchester lever gun would be my pick over a semi.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
                      Yep and to add to that in my experience the Marlin bolt guns shoot just as good.

Comment

The only 22 mag I have any experience with is the Henry lever action. I have had it two years and only use it to shoot trapped coons.

For what it's worth, I really like it and have had no issue with it.

Comment

I got my PMR-30 thinking it was the greatest thing ever. 30 rounds is nice. It’s a blast to shoot and pretty dang accurate. It is freaking loud though!

I have. Henry Lever Action, the base model 22wmr. Put fiber optic sights in it and it is accurate enough to hit whatever I aim at. Have shot a few pigs near 100 yards.

If you’re into Bolt Guns, CZ is at the top of the list.

Ruger American Rimfire is worth looking into. I enjoy my Marlins though.

Comment

22 Mag is one of my favorite calibers. I shoot the Ruger Single Nine for bobcats when hunting with hounds and when calling fox. I shot a couple of episodes of calling fox that we aired on CARNIVORE and viewers really liked them.
                            I am shooting the stock iron sights which are fiber optics. If I can get a good rest off my knee, I can consistently kill a gray fox out to 40 yards. The Kel Techs are great and lots of fun to shoot but I am not as accurate with it as I am the Single Nine. The Ruger is possibly the best made of the 22 Mags.
                            Adios,
                            Gary

Comment

don’t get a remington 597 22mag they are junk won’t cycle half the time and some times just goes clunk when you pull the trigger

Comment

Working...
                              X