No announcement yet.

Dead deer or not???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go Look. Sounds Dead to Me If he Hit 3ins High Behind the shoulder. No reason to wait till Morning

Comment

I would go look! I couldn't sleep anyways.

Comment

Mule kick, hit in the pocket. Should be a dead deer. Good Luke in the morning.

Comment

He is going to town to get beer. After talking with him the second time. He said the arrow was sticking out the exit side at an upward angle about 12-16 inches. Entry side he could see the fletching He said he thought it was 4-5 inches below the spin. I told him if thats the case than its dead.
          This is his first deer with a bow. He lurks here on TBH. Another guy is headed out there right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
            He is going to town to get beer. After talking with him the second time. He said the arrow was sticking out the exit side at an upward angle about 12-16 inches. Entry side he could see the fletching He said he thought it was 4-5 inches below the spin. I told him if thats the case than its dead.
            This is his first deer with a bow. He lurks here on TBH. Another guy is headed out there right now.
            Good Luck to him on the recovery!

Comment

Where are you at? Your location says Brenham possibly

Comment

Possible backstrap shot. Good luck.

Comment

In....that’s a helluva buck! Hope all ends well.

Comment

With that shot, he should find it. If he's wrong and he was higher than he thinks, deer should live. As long as he's sure he wasn't too far back, it wont hurt to go look.

Comment

In for recovery. Fingers crossed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In for outcome. It is often interesting comparing what a shooter remembers about the shot to what really happened.

Comment

I wouldn't want to wait. Sounds like a dead deer if he hit where he thinks he hit. Spoiled meat is as good as a lost deer to me. Good luck to the hunter with the recovery. Heck of a buck!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
                            Where are you at? Your location says Brenham possibly
                            Northwest of Wichita Falls. The dog guy lives in Wichita

Comment

I would be so Afraid, if its dead, you will loose the meat in this heat..
                              in to see if recovered tnite

Comment

I sure hope he finds it. There is a funny story that goes with him even being out at the lease today.

Comment

Working...
                                X