Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you have shot a "buck of a lifetime" ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

October 3rd, 2003, I shot a 20 point low fenced buck that grossed 207 and change and netted 200 and change. Made the Boone and Crocket record buck. I will probably never beat that and I am ok with that.

Comment

My wife has killed a buck of a lifetime. She shot an old bruised of a buck with an eight inch droptine. Low fence, Mason county. Not sure we will ever see one like that again. She named him droopy. Not the highest score but perhaps the coolest buck!

Comment

Not yet. I've shot a few decent bucks, but none like the one I missed on my very first bow hunt when I was about 16.

I set up a wooden platform in a oak tree overlooking a small clearing and a scrape line, and the next afternoon after school found me perched there. Only had to wait about 30 minutes when the biggest non-typical I ever saw (and still is) came walking by at 15 yards, an old gray faced buck with way more points and kickers than I could count. I drew back, my Bear Razorhead tipped cedar arrow nervously bouncing on the rest, and let it fly straight for his heart. It never got there. That buck almost laid out flat as the arrow sailed well over his back. I never saw him again until 2 years later when his skull was found locked with that of another buck a few miles away. He scored 181.

I've been hunting for 40 years for another like him.

Comment

Add me to the list. Low fence, free range 151” in Kerr county. I try not to run cameras or anything like that so I was in complete shock when I saw him. Once in a lifetime and surely God smiling upon me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

There's a disturbingly lack of pictures in this thread!

Comment

Still can’t believe this guy showed up on our low fence lease. She hunted him starting in October, first weekend of bow season and killed him the last time we could hunt in December. He had been a no show for almost a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How many of you have shot a "buck of a lifetime" ?

Shot this guy near Waco on our family place at 2pm lol. Low fence no protein and very few deer. Definitely a lifetime buck for me had 23 scoreable points and even a hole thru one horn..

Last edited by Saltaholic; 09-17-2019, 03:34 PM.

Comment

I got one... looking for the next

Comment

I’ve taken some unique species(low fence TX Exotics) but definitely not any bucks of a lifetime. Yet anyway.

I’m most impressed by the guys on here who hunt, and often kill, a ‘buck of a lifetime’ every year.

Comment

Originally posted by bear View Post
                      I got one... looking for the next

Link to thread?

Comment

My avatar pic is my buck of a lifetime....so far. Low fence Webb county 188

Comment

October 3rd 2011 163” 13 pt Chambers County Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            I won't know for sure until my deathbed....
                            This.

Comment

I've killed 3 that could be considered bucks of a lifetime. 165, 169, and (my favorite) a pope and young 6 point. I hope, and will probably have the chance, to top the two bigger deer, but don't think I'll ever have a bigger 6 to chase.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Buck of a life time hard to define I think. Have killed some really good bucks over these many years all low fence or free range. White tails in the 160’s and 170’s haven’t broken 180 yet, muledeer in the 180’s to 199 haven’t broken 200 yet. Just keep setting the bar a little higher after each one. I guess I won’t know my buck of a life time till I’m at deaths door.

Comment

Working...
                                X