Boudin recommendation Louisiana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boudin recommendation Louisiana

Headed back to Texas from lake Charles tomorrow and want to stock up on some good boudin any recommendations on where to grab some on the way home ?

Buck-ees? Sorry but the Boudin Kolaches there are some kinda good.

Comment

When I use to fish over there a lot I would just pick it up at Market Basket.

Comment

In-Law's or Rabideaux's, both in Iowa, are where we usually stop to stock up

Comment

Head to Lafayette, Billy's or Best Stop

Comment

Market Basket

Comment

Sonnier's on Mill St in Lake Charles.

Comment

Robert's meat market in Orange. You will thank me later! I have had lots of Boudin from Texas and Louisiana and this is my favorite hands down. You will be coming through there most likely anyhow.

Comment

Best Stop

Comment

Market Basket has some good boudin and sausage.

Comment

DJ's smoked boudin. Most HEB's carry it. I've not tasted Louisiana boudin that was better.

Comment

Just because places are on I-10 does not make them good. Most of the small meat markets off the beaten path have the best boudin, cracklins, and sausage.

People know of the I-10 eye candy because that is what they are told and see. Try the mom and pop smaller places and you will notice the difference. And, many have awesome plate lunches.

Comment

As many have said above and as crazy as it sounds, Market Basket really does have some of the best boudain around. They have 30 something locations between SETX and SWLA.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                            Just because places are on I-10 does not make them good. Most of the small meat markets off the beaten path have the best boudin, cracklins, and sausage.

People know of the I-10 eye candy because that is what they are told and see. Try the mom and pop smaller places and you will notice the difference. And, many have awesome plate lunches.

Well can you name one with great boudin?

Comment

Sonnier's right there in Lake Charles.
                              Roosters in Baytown has some awesome smoked boudin.

Kinda hard to just buy boudin when you walk into one of these places. That is why I recommended Sonnier's.

Comment

Working...
                              X