Tbh is good people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tbh is good people

I’ve been a member for a while, but have always been quite the lurker. I just happened to move down the road from tbh member notjose (Julio) a couple years ago. We met and figured out quickly that we both have a passion for the outdoors. Since then, our families have become great friends. We’ve hunted, fished, and drank just a hand full of beers together [emoji2957] all while discussing our next great adventures in the outdoors. I have learned to appreciate his enthusiasm for this forum. I’ve been a bow hunter most my life and have been excited to get my boy (Dalen) involved in it ever since he was born. As soon as he was strong enough, I was determined to get him to pull a compound bow back. Now that he’s 8, i figured it was time. I was talking to Julio in December about how I’d been looking for a LH youth bow for Dalen, but to no avail. So what do you think happened next?!?! Julio posted on here about my search, and BAM, you folks came through big time! With multiple offers from all you cats, Dusty Britches was able to make it happen with an Express delivery from College Station! COOLDAD1 picked it up from her, and got it to Ft Worth. I couldn’t get to Ft Worth in the window that COOLDAD1 was going to be there so i set up an Uber to meet him in Fort Worth to bring it to my work in Dallas. It was an awesome and hilarious way to get a bow! My son and I went to get it all set up for him the next day, and he’s enjoying the heck out of it!! I can’t thank everyone enough. It’s a great feeling to know what kind of folks are still out there in this world, and it’s a great feeling to come home to a boy that wants to go out back and shoot some arrows! Here’s some pics! Thanks again to you people!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by redskeeter1020; 02-03-2019, 11:00 PM.

I have a quick vid of him shooting his first few and I’m not sure how to post it?

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Julio is good people for sure. Congrats to you and the kiddo.

Comment

Comment

It's great to hear stories like that. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Buy that boy some shoes!!

Awesomeness!!

Comment

where in the DFW metroplex are you? my son Caden is Dalen's age and loves to shoot as well. I have been noticing he is left eye dominant and hoping to switch him to a lefty as well.

Vaughn Watson, McKinney TX (work in Addison)

Comment

Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

TBH does it again....Kudos to all involved

Comment

Let me welcome Lefty (as am I) to the bowhunter world. Awesome story.

Comment

How cool! remember when my boy was that age.

Comment

Very cool

Comment

Great story, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Awesome job TBH, Dad and Julio!!

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
                              Buy that boy some shoes!!
                              That was my first thought as well. lmao

And don't let him dry fire that bow!!

Comment

Working...