No announcement yet.

Age/score help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to say 5, but has not developed the roman nose or heavier brisket yet. So not sure I can help you there.

In this pic I would say 170-180. And he may have another 8-10" of growth to go before finished out.

Awesome friggin' deer sir.

Comment

Originally posted by jason86 View Post
      I think he is blowing 160 out of the water!
      I agree those pictures are a game changer. Those beams he could go 80

Comment

I think he is blowing 160 out of the water!
        Yea just slightly... He left 160" behind A WHILE AGO...

Comment

5-6 yr old. mid 170s maybe more?

Comment

Old enough and big enuff! lol That is an awesome buck for sure. (5yr. old - low 180's I'd guess) Hope you get to ground check him soon. Good luck.

Comment

I can't get him past 5, but he's a tough one to age. I'd definitely would want some history with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Big O View Post
                Old enough and big enuff! lol That is an awesome buck for sure. (5yr. old - low 180's I'd guess) Hope you get to ground check him soon. Good luck.
                He is big for sure, unfortunately I wont be the one hunting him. If the biologist gives the go ahead I will hopefully be in the stand with the lucky hunter. He is a special deer for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                  I can't get him past 5, but he's a tough one to age. I'd definitely would want some history with him.
                  We have no history, would help us a lot. Hopefully the biologist can give us some insight. Either way he is going to be hard to pass up.

Comment

We have no history, would help us a lot. Hopefully the biologist can give us some insight. Either way he is going to be hard to pass up.
                    There was an article posted, I'll have to find it, where biologist were asked to age deer of know age. They were wrong over 50 percent of the time. It's definitely a crapshoot when you have no history. Good luck on him amigo!

Comment

There was an article posted, I'll have to find it, where biologist were asked to age deer of know age. They were wrong over 50 percent of the time. It's definitely a crapshoot when you have no history. Good luck on him amigo!
                      please find this so I can print it and bring it to the lease! lol

EDIT: Found it

Comment

I agree, but I don’t call the shots lol. I’m just the help!

Comment

82 up
                          103 down
                          185 gross

Comment

I was thinking 5yrs old and in the 170s

Comment

Wow! Some good guesses on here on age and score so wow is all I've got. Hope you get him!

Comment

6. 181 2/4 Good luck getting him before he breaks something off.

Comment

Working...
                                X