Suggestions for Diminished Value Attorney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions for Diminished Value Attorney

Looking for recommendations in the Houston (Wharton) area for a diminished value attorney. (No fault car crash) story below.

My son is in college and playing baseball. During homecoming there was no parking so he and his team mates were directed by Law Enforcement (College Police) to park along the highway near the baseball field. He did so, and his vehicle was parked in the grass along the roadway along with multiple teammates. A gentleman towing a travel trailer pulled into the parking lot the wrong direction, and was directed by the police to back down the highway to the other entrance since there was not enough room to turn around. He did so, but in doing so backed his trailer off the road and smashed the front end of my Camaro that my son is driving. $3800 worth of damage. His insurance "Geico." It was a fight getting them to cover-ended up filing on my insurance and being repaid. They wanted to put used parts on my 2 yo Camaro. I immediately requested a diminished value claim.

Geico contacted me via email and offered $500 in diminished value to which I did not even respond, as this is a joke. The Geico rep said if we wanted to negotiate he would need the final bill for the damage. I waited till the car was repaired and I have contacted him. He said his offer still stands of $500 which again is a joke. I took the vehicle in to be appraised by a Dealer. I have a diminished value from them of $4300. I am probably going to have to go through an attorney because Geico is going to try to low ball me I am certain. Looking for suggestions in case it goes that far.

In for info as well, had a run in with a geico person as well

Comment

Nobody?

Comment

In the same boat as you right now in dealing with a $4000 claim with Geico. Hearing crickets from them.

Comment

I dont think you have a leg to stand on. A 2 year old car in Texas qualifies for like kind and quality. Which means a used part as your car is also a used car now. The diminished value you were offered in my experience is about as good as you are going to get. An attorney will likely cost you out of pocket more than this is worth and wont mess with it.

Best thing you could do is file a complaint with TDI. It wont be fast but.... we are on a shut down currently also. Not sure if they are part of it.

My advice is get your car repaired at the shop of your choice. Take the 500 and go on with life. The other option is going to be a head ache and doubt you come out ahead.

Sorry with i had better suggestions. Hell i even been wrong before so take it for what it is worth.

Comment

Just file in small claims court, it will take it out of the idiot adjusters hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
              Just file in small claims court, it will take it out of the idiot adjusters hands.
              I did this as well as filed a complaint with TDI.

12 months later i agreed to a settlement of $4000 on $7800 in repairs.
              My vehicle had 19,000 miles. No attorneys involved.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Working...
                X