14 Days to Kill in Kansas... LIVE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a great evening hunt!!!

I got to hear Swoop snoot wheeze at the small 8.
    I had a pope & young deer at 3 yards.
    And I had 3 deer in bow range.

Ended the day with 3 bucks, 3 does. I’ve attached a video of Swoop crossing the pasture to my SW. And I had the small 8 back in the ricebran right at dark.

Clark had a slow evening hunt so we are gonna give that set a rest. We’ll be back at tomorrow.

I appreciate y’all hanging in there with me.

Comment

Stay after em! Swoop is a scarred up rascal!

Comment

Originally posted by Bowanta View Post
        How is the weather? I see some SNOW in the forecast for parts of Kansas tomorrow.
        Was 38 deg this morning. Weather is getting better and better. Temps are dropping tomorrow. Not a big chance for snow for us.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
          Don't listen to this guy! Kill one today and be back in Texas in time to hunt tomorrow evening!
          Haha! That’s not a bad idea!

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
            Looks like a sweet spot!
            Thanks Jason

This evening is the first time we have sat there. It did not disappoint!

Comment

You are better than me.... I would have SLUNG One at Swoop....

Comment

Settled in!!!!

Skyline is lighting up and I see a deer in the rice bran. It's a doe.

I'm back in the same tree as yesterday evening. Had several pics of Swoop thru out the night. But I'm looking for High & Tight. He has been frequently making appearances here.
                Clark moved to the ladder where Big Bob calls home. He was there @ 11:00 last night. Hopefully he'll show up in daylight for Clark.
                Calling for rain around 2:00 today as the much anticipated cold front moves in.

We are gonna sit as long as we can. Got lunches packed and rain suits too.

Stay tuned.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Comment

So I'm sitting here watching watching the woods come alive and I can make out a dark spot 75 yards to my East. Throw my binos up and the same small 8 is bedded in the field facing me.
                  I'll try and post some pics when I have more light.

Comment

Originally posted by Hsbtgarcia View Post
                    So I'm sitting here watching watchinSo g the woods come alive and I can make out a dark spot 75 yards to my East. Throw my binos up and the same small 8 is bedded in the field facing me.
                    I'll try and post some pics when I have more light.

So you got in and set up without bumping him? NICE!!! Hurry up and shoot one, I’ll probably be sliding on this next KD!

Comment

Good luck today!

Comment

Not the best quality, but best I could do. He got up shortly after and headed East into the bedding area. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181108_063103171.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	24559629Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181108_063201728.jpg
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	24559630Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181108_063204736.jpg
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	24559631

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
                          So you got in and set up without bumping him? NICE!!! Hurry up and shoot one, I’ll probably be sliding on this next KD!
                          Yeah. I wouldn't have been so lucky if he was bedded on the West side of the stand.

Comment

Good luck this morning sir. Cool thread as always

Comment

Good luck buddy! They must be running, a buck ran into the side of my new truck last night on 35 just south of OKC! Got my door and the bed!

Comment

Spike in the rice bran.

Clark has a few dinks feeding on acorns and a small 8 and doe in the field.

It's 38 deg with a stiff NE wind. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181108_070348404.jpg
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	24559632

Comment

Working...
                                X