11-16 6.7 Powerstroke Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

11-16 6.7 Powerstroke Help

Main Problem is evident in the picture. Second problem is truck is stuck in Huntsville (I’m home in magnolia, truck made it to my in laws) and full replacement kit won’t be here until late Saturday. I’m hoping to replace the broken coupler with a silicone reducing one to get it Home but I need to know what size I need. Anyone care to measure it for me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TTT wished I could help you but dont own one. Good luck and glad you got it parked safe some were

Comment

I can pull the one off my truck so you can get your truck home. I am in Willis between the 2.

Comment

Yes that is a very well known problem, replaced mine with a aluminum housing before this happen to me. You can go to ford house and get what you need. I think they keep all the parts in stock for this very problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
          I can pull the one off my truck so you can get your truck home. I am in Willis between the 2.
          Awesome gesture! Hope you get it running. We need to do a get together after things settle down for all the North Houston folks.

Comment

Is the truck pulling a load or empty? I know a couple guys that this happened to that were empty or lightly loaded and they just rolled on with the reduced power due to no turbo, one of them made the last 2 hours home like that with no issue.

Comment

Fargus, that is amazingly generous! If it comes to that I’ll take you up on it. I’ve ordered the parts just wanted to spend part of the weekend up there. FIL works out of town and I was going to take care of a few things for him. I’ll call a ford dealer but didn’t think I could buy just the part that broke.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                Main Problem is evident in the picture. Second problem is truck is stuck in Huntsville (I’m home in magnolia, truck made it to my in laws) and full replacement kit won’t be here until late Saturday. I’m hoping to replace the broken coupler with a silicone reducing one to get it Home but I need to know what size I need. Anyone care to measure it for me?

What am I looking at here guys?

So I have a 2016 6.7 with 108,000 miles and if I need to do some preventive maintenance to avoid this what do I need to replace?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                  Is the truck pulling a load or empty? I know a couple guys that this happened to that were empty or lightly loaded and they just rolled on with the reduced power due to no turbo, one of them made the last 2 hours home like that with no issue.

Empty. I made it the last 30 min of the drive as is. Might be an option

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                    Fargus, that is amazingly generous! If it comes to that I’ll take you up on it. I’ve ordered the parts just wanted to spend part of the weekend up there. FIL works out of town and I was going to take care of a few things for him. I’ll call a ford dealer but didn’t think I could buy just the part that broke.

It's an assembly and will run you ~$230 at the Ford house. Why Ford doesn't just sell the plastic piece is beyond me. I just pulled the piece I needed off the new assembly and put it on the truck. I've been through it twice already so I feel your pain. The last one I bought was the new and improved version which is suppose to fix the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by muley4x4 View Post
                      Awesome gesture! Hope you get it running. We need to do a get together after things settle down for all the North Houston folks.
                      Sounds like a plan to me!

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post

So I have a 2016 6.7 with 108,000 miles and if I need to do some preventive maintenance to avoid this what do I need to replace?

I don't know the technical name off the top of my head but it's an intercooler pipe if I remember correctly. It's right there on top of the motor and pretty easy to get to. I am not sure if the 2016 has the new version or the old.

Comment

It's an assembly and will run you ~$230 at the Ford house. Why Ford doesn't just sell the plastic piece is beyond me. I just pulled the piece I needed off the new assembly and put it on the truck. I've been through it twice already so I feel your pain. The last one I bought was the new and improved version which is suppose to fix the issue.
                        This. Ford keeps the assembly in stock and you can change it yourself. Ive also seen guys use some duct tap and zip ties to get where they were going or to a parts store. Happen to my bil the other day and he just rolled to the house...slowly i might add lol

Comment

Yep, I had the same issue.....luckily it was just before a long road trip and not during. I ran up to the local Ford service department, purchased the part and had it back on the truck in no time.

Comment

Thanks everyone. Still hoping someone has a spare or can measure on the truck and Napa will have a coupler or amazon one day. My buddies all have 17+ and the size changed

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post

Comment

Working...
                              X