First box blind build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First box blind build

I would say I’ve finished 75% of the job. 4x5 foot print and 6.5ft at the front and 6ft at the back. Framed in 2x2 to save weight. 3/4in plywood for floor and 1/2 for sides. 4 windows with the front being 36x10” and the the others 24x10”.

I’m really happy with it as all angles are perfect. I’ll add the tower and roof at the lease. I will add the side walls tomorrow. This has taken me two days.
    Attached Files

Looks great.
    I'm a fan of the 4x5, not too big to hunt solo- just right actually.
    But can squeeze two in if you're related .

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
      Looks great.
      I'm a fan of the 4x5, not too big to hunt solo- just right actually.
      But can squeeze two in if you're related .
      I like the 6x6 to cut down on wasting sheets of plywood or smart siding that comes in 4 footers.

Comment

I had to leave town and never finished it until today. I am going to install ez tower braces on the corners and build the tower on site. I am hauling it in the bed of my truck and will place the roof on site as well. I just have to wait for the windows to get here.

All in all, it was fun to build and wasn’t near as taxing as I thought it could have been. I sealed inside and out, painted it and cocked it with roofing glue. It is rock solid and should take the weather really well.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Pope; 06-12-2020, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pope View Post
          I had to leave town and never finished it until today. I am going to install ez tower braces on the corners and build the tower on site. I am hauling it in the bed of my truck and will place the roof on site as well. I just have to wait for the windows to get here.

All in all, it was fun to build and wasn’t near as taxing as I thought it could have been. I sealed inside and out, painted it and cocked it with roofing glue. It is rock solid and should take the weather really well.
          Looks good. What windows did you go with?

Comment

Deerview. They are a 15 minute drive from the house, but are out of stock for my sizes. It’ll be a week or two before I can pick them up.

Comment

Nice !

Comment

looks good

Comment

Looks great, I need to put together a couple. I like the cost vs buying something right now

Comment

Nice

Comment

Well done. Looks solid. We built 5 4x5’s a few weeks ago, used 3/8” on the side.
                      Like them much more than a 4x4’
                      4x6’ is good too, especially for two. What’s the roof gonna be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X