Floyd BWC released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DRT View Post
    I don't understand why you believe that. The video does nothing to justify the officer's kneeling on Floyd's neck until he was dead. Past dead actually.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Glen posted several good explanations for this. How would you have contained a guy his size delerious and resisting?

Comment

No minds will be changed. Like an ink blot/Rorsach test - everybody on all sides will see it in a way that confirms the conclusions they already hold.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
        No minds will be changed. Like an ink blot/Rorsach test - everybody on all sides will see it in a way that confirms the conclusions they already hold.
        Yep. 100% truth.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by neilmc70 View Post
          Glen posted several good explanations for this. How would you have contained a guy his size delerious and resisting?
          Once he is cuffed and on the ground there are other means to immobilize. Especially with four officers present.

Comment

I am not a lawyer or Leo but I have watched all three videos: The one originally released by the media, the abbreviated version released today and the cell video of the entire incident. The first release looked a lot like murder to me but I reserved judgment based on actual LEO experiences shared here. The more complete but abbreviated version creates a lot more doubt. The entire video looks like an individual slipping to the afterlife from the time he is approached by the officers. Officers noted he was foaming at the mouth prior to trying to get him in the car. He complained of not being able to breathe when there were no officer actions that would seem to impede his airflow. Same breathing complaints while officers were kneeling on George Floyd. I don’t think a reasonable person would assume any difference in his original breathing complaints and his last.

Only thing I would give George Floyd over other recent incidents is that he did not try to run or overpower/take the officer’s weapon

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
              He should have had a knee on his neck back when he held a gun on a pregnant woman while his buddies robbed her.. You know, one of his many felonies....
              Forgive me if I seem jaded and unsympathetic by this entire dog and pony show.. I'm done..
              Same. Screw him.

Comment

They showed a ton of patience with this scumbag before they had to use force, I would of choked him out within the first 2 min. Good Riddance!

Comment

Originally posted by 3under3 View Post
                  I am not a lawyer or Leo but I have watched all three videos: The one originally released by the media, the abbreviated version released today and the cell video of the entire incident. The first release looked a lot like murder to me but I reserved judgment based on actual LEO experiences shared here. The more complete but abbreviated version creates a lot more doubt. The entire video looks like an individual slipping to the afterlife from the time he is approached by the officers. Officers noted he was foaming at the mouth prior to trying to get him in the car. He complained of not being able to breathe when there were no officer actions that would seem to impede his airflow. Same breathing complaints while officers were kneeling on George Floyd. I don’t think a reasonable person would assume any difference in his original breathing complaints and his last.

Only thing I would give George Floyd over other recent incidents is that he did not try to run or overpower/take the officer’s weapon

I found myself wondering how much evidence he swallowed as they were approaching his vehicle.

Comment

Several folks posting not wanting to admit they were wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
                      I found myself wondering how much evidence he swallowed as they were approaching his vehicle.
                      Obviously enough to kill him....

Comment

Wow what a thankless job. God bless LEO
                        And this incident changed American history! It would have been so nice of the liberal DA to let us see this before 7 months tic by. He must have been worried what the perception would be when everyone saw it. It’s funny how video can be made to look any way you want it to if you only show certain parts!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                          The video also doesn't show a model citizen complying with the commands of law enforcement. It does show a 6'4" 230 criminal, trying to manipulate control of the situation by being combative and belligerent. Probably because he on some kind of drug which contributed to his death far more than a knee in his back. Yes, his back, because if it had been in his neck to the point he was choked out; he wouldn't have been able to tell them he was such a great guy 10000 times.

I will always side with law enforcement. Always. They do a thankless job and deserve far more respect than they get. Just my $.02

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk
                          You always side with LE? Always? What about the Harding St murders last year and that bastage Goines? He is a bad cop and had bad cops around him, and others that shielded him. They are bad cops. There are bad cops and by protecting the bad cops, make the majority which are good cops look bad by association. We need to root out the bad cops and their brethren does not need to look away and protect the 'blue line'.

Comment

Sabine I agree with your last statement 100%. The blue line you talk about - do you have any idea what it actually is? When someone is ill we will raise money in the ranks to support their family- someone dies or is killed again we treat their family like our family- The blue line bleeds together and stands together. Usually when someone does something that would get them not invited to family Thanksgiving dinner they are not supported as family.

Comment

I've personally seen how the departments and officers come together for the surviving family members of fallen officers. It is a humbling thing to witness the respect, care and concern given.
                              That has little to do with inappropriate behavior.
                              I believe most of our officers attempt to operate in a professional manner even when dealing with the worst society has to offer. I believe even the best of them can have a bad day or a rough spot in life where they may not always be on their A game.
                              I really hope the officers involved aren't convicted of the charges regardless of how the anarchist groups will react.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                                Sabine I agree with your last statement 100%. The blue line you talk about - do you have any idea what it actually is? When someone is ill we will raise money in the ranks to support their family- someone dies or is killed again we treat their family like our family- The blue line bleeds together and stands together. Usually when someone does something that would get them not invited to family Thanksgiving dinner they are not supported as family.
                                I was under the impression that the blue line was where officers will protect their own, even when Internal Affairs interview them. I must have used the wrong term. I support our police tremendously and I appreciate what they do and go through, as well as their families. I am on your side.
                                I hate bad cops, I understand we make mistakes, all of us do, but to allow a bad cop to continue to do the wrong things is so messed up. I also believe that the good cops way outnumber the bad cops and they hate the bad cops too.

SH

Comment

Working...
                                X